GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI APR Stage 2 vs 2013 STI (unknown mods)

warchieft2k

Ready to race!
i have raced an 2013 STI with just me in my gti. the STI got the jump b/c he brake boosted and i cant b/c of my DSG...

however, after his initial jump i pulled about a car both times.

i cant speak for his mods he would not lower his window, there was no smile... i got the feeling he was deeply disappointed

stynker

Ready to race!
Good runs, did your wife take S.O.P by bracing her leg against the foot well and grasping the overhead handle like she was giving birth? I find my gf doing that all the time and I take it that she's enjoying it less than I, so I've kept the frequent rolls to a solo act haha.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Without all the added weight, wouldve been much different outcome id assume. Estimated gti curb weight at 3200 lbs without you in it, 350 lbs added 10.9% of the cars total weight.

curb weight driverless 273 hp at 3200 lbs - 1 hp per 11.72 lbs

your race apx 350 lbs added plus est 150 lb driver - 273 hp at 3700 lbs - 1 hp per 13.55 lbs

paper racing i know

Stifun

Ready to race!
New Sti's are pieces of crap! I'd much rather have a WRX. Now if we were talking about older STi's vs WRX's I'd get an STi. But, subaru fucked up by making the WRX a much better platform to go fast! LOL.

I got a ride in a full bolt on WRX 2014 hatchback last night tuned on E85 at 23psi and it is FUCKING FAST! We pulled away from a modded BMW 335xi like it was nothing!

Car made 362awhp and 432awtrq all on the stock turbo that is equivilent to an 18G turbo

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Car made 362awhp and 432awtrq all on the stock turbo that is equivilent to an 18G turbo

This seems a little inflated to me.... you are talking 140 hp or so at the crank with mods....I have a friend with a stage 2 13 WRX and he is nowhere near that power....

He did upbadge to STI badges all around.... those count for hp!!

squall

Ready to race!
New Sti's are pieces of crap! I'd much rather have a WRX. Now if we were talking about older STi's vs WRX's I'd get an STi. But, subaru fucked up by making the WRX a much better platform to go fast! LOL.

I got a ride in a full bolt on WRX 2014 hatchback last night tuned on E85 at 23psi and it is FUCKING FAST! We pulled away from a modded BMW 335xi like it was nothing!

i too find this hard to believe. but only because of personal experience. my 05 with an fp green (which is bigger than a 20g) only made 360 awhp and 350 awtq. and that was at 25psi. the car had all the supporting mods too. 850cc injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, turbo xs intercooler, hydra stand alone ecu....etc... that stage 2 wrx would be running 11's like i was, but on a stock turbo...unlikely.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
I don't doubt that he could put that to the wheels, but it's highly unlikely. Might be on stock turbo, but if he's still stock block and internals it's only a matter of time before something goes boom.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion

No it doesn't.

STIs barely make 400wtq on corn and they benefit from much better cylinder heads. Must have been a very high reading Dyno. Plus bolt ons for a WRX are intake/tbe amd there's no way he's even close to 400 on the stock rex intercooler.

If the OP was stage 2 then the STI was at least stage 1. They are really unimpressive on the highway.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
I agree that those numbers seem inflated... Boxers don't have the VE to make that kind of power out of an "18g". And Evo? Yeah, sure. Rex, nope.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Are we talking german hp numbers here or japanese/american hp numbers...? cause if thats the case then my stage 1 gti is like 320 hp, 350 ft tq right?

Stifun

Ready to race!
Im calling BS

It's true amigo. He was tuned by Keith @ Awdtuning in Dallas, Texas. Unless the numbers were inflated by the tuner it's legit.

This WRX pulled away from a modded 335i like nothing man. It's the real deal and it's fast without a doubt and I do not doubt one bit it makes those numbers

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
It's true amigo. He was tuned by Keith @ Awdtuning in Dallas, Texas. Unless the numbers were inflated by the tuner it's legit.

This WRX pulled away from a modded 335i like nothing man. It's the real deal and it's fast without a doubt and I do not doubt one bit it makes those numbers

Id like to see dyno chart, anyone can say im tuned by this guy and it made this....

those numbers are just too high for what you claim