GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI CBFA ENGINE BLOWN

AngelRvp

Guys/Gals,

My engine blew up and I am looking to get another one. Where is a good, reliable company to get one? Not looking to spend more than $3000. Please help!

pashley

Ready to race!
Yeah man...what happened?

AngelRvp

Water pump and thermostat blew up without warning. Gave it to the valet and they let it overheat and then the engine was disabled. Once it came up again (6 hours later) it was no good.

AngelRvp

Thanks apa11393 for the info! Do you guys know if I could use a 2011 engine in my car? I see that other VW cars use the same engine. Should I just refine my search to just GTI engines?

Vroomer

Banned
I have 98K miles on it on the vehicle. Do you think VWUSA will still honor the warranty?

Doesn't hurt to try, sometimes they do want to help when really bad rare things like this happen on a newish car. They might agree to cover portion of the replacement cost for example. Provided its nothing you did, also if you aren't tuned that will help too.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
there was a rumor of a water pump recall, do as apa11393 mentioned... call VWoA

steemax

Go Kart Champion
VWOA should cover this. They have covered water pump issues out of warranty before and the blown engine is a direct result of an issue that has gone un-resolved thus far.

After 4 water pumps myself I got them to buy back my car. Just be persistent. At first they tried to make me go away for $400.00

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I'm curious to know specifically what happened, engines just don't "blow up". Did it overheat and blow a head gasket? Did it crack a cylinder head or block? Did the bottom end sieze and now won't turn over? What specifically occured?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious to know specifically what happened, engines just don't "blow up". Did it overheat and blow a head gasket? Did it crack a cylinder head or block? Did the bottom end sieze and now won't turn over? What specifically occured?

haha great question

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

This