GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI MK6 Project

GUS

CHP
Whenever I park in a parking lot, I look for mustangs, or American cars in general, to park next to and display my superiority to them and degree of higher quality/class of vehicle.

LMAO... I also let my dog pee on there wheels.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Front and back one

The front one you just gotta use something plastic and thin, like the side of a credit card, to get under the actual emblem, and the plastic piece it sits on, and pry it off.

When I did it, a clip broke, but I just used silicone to glue it back on after I sanded it.

The rear one is NOT easy at all. I would definitely use something plastic here. I used a flathead screw driver and chipped my paint. But the concept is the same, you have to get in between the emblem and the plastic piece it's sitting on and pry it off.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Finally ordered this yesterday. Found it BRAND NEW for almost $100 less than what they had on the website.

6-10 business days. Let the countdown begin.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Finally got my intake in. Installed it yesterday. Never had a more clear and concise set of instructions. Neuspeed is on point.

The intake sounds great, and I notice the difference in performance.

My supplies, and my lovely helper for this job:

Before:

After:

Totally worth it. On to the next... Suspension.

P

plac

nice pics. so how solid is that filter mount. does it flop around like some other intakes, or is it held really secure?

Finally got my intake in. Installed it yesterday. Never had a more clear and concise set of instructions. Neuspeed is on point.

The intake sounds great, and I notice the difference in performance.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Your dog looks very comfortable haha.

How are the zinc coating/painted hubs on those rotors holding up? Any idea how long it should last? I wouldn't mind paying extra but haven't read any long term reviews. I'm trying to justify these over painting normal ones myself lol.

Last edited:

Alizzo

Ready to race!
nice pics. so how solid is that filter mount. does it flop around like some other intakes, or is it held really secure?

It's very solid. Honestly, it's one of the best intake applications i've ever come across. It may not be as flashy as the carbon fiber versions, but it definitely makes a difference, it installs easily, and it is solid (doesn't move around at all).

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Your dog looks very comfortable haha.

How are the zinc coating/painted hubs on those rotors holding up? Any idea how long it should last? I wouldn't mind paying extra but haven't read any long term reviews. I'm trying to justify these over painting normal ones myself lol.

Life is simple for her, the little things make her the happiest, haha.

The hubs are still in perfect condition. These definitely seem to be much more durable. I'm not sure how "long" it's supposed to last, but so far, it doesn't seem like it's gonna be an issue at all.

As always though, you can get a more detailed answer from my brother-in-law, and the owner of the company by emailing him at: adamsrotors@me.com.

P

plac

It's very solid. Honestly, it's one of the best intake applications i've ever come across. It may not be as flashy as the carbon fiber versions, but it definitely makes a difference, it installs easily, and it is solid (doesn't move around at all).

obviously it must not go near the brake lines or someone would have mentioned it.

i can see how this intake will have different sound characteristics than the carbonio. this one will be louder blowoff/flutter since it is not in a sealed box. but.. it will have les of a "air rush" because the air is not being forced thru a tiny opening, rather it is wide open. When i had my carbonio, the very loud air rush was the main thing i didnt like about the sound. I even saw 1 guy with a neuspeed somewhere around here recently say he dynoed a loss of power after this install, so who the hell knows anymore..

but i gotta get an intake sometime.. not much else to do. and no intakes i like at the moment. MAYBE the injen once i get a few more reviews.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
obviously it must not go near the brake lines or someone would have mentioned it.

i can see how this intake will have different sound characteristics than the carbonio. this one will be louder blowoff/flutter since it is not in a sealed box. but.. it will have les of a "air rush" because the air is not being forced thru a tiny opening, rather it is wide open. When i had my carbonio, the very loud air rush was the main thing i didnt like about the sound. I even saw 1 guy with a neuspeed somewhere around here recently say he dynoed a loss of power after this install, so who the hell knows anymore..

but i gotta get an intake sometime.. not much else to do. and no intakes i like at the moment. MAYBE the injen once i get a few more reviews.

Woah, woah, woah... A LOSS OF POWER? Really? You mean, less than what he was feeling with the stock parts in? Hmmm, I don't like this... How possible is that?