GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 VW GTI vs. 2010 Honda Civic Si Sedan

krische

vdubber in training
krische said it puts 350BHP and $5000 for the APR STAGE III

who do I believe ??

anyone here done it? I want more POWERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!:mad0259:

I was one my phone so I was going off the top of my head. But APR says they get 376HP and 361 Ft-lb at the crank. They do have an insane experimental stage 4, you can find a youtube video of it.

mk6GTIvenom

Ready to race!
If you're looking into modding Id get the SI

cheaper, easier to maintain and with a turbo you'll be faster then a GTI

Have you looked at other cars other then those two?

You have to be joking ?:iono:

wildcars

Ready to race!
If you're looking into modding Id get the SI

cheaper, easier to maintain and with a turbo you'll be faster then a GTI

Have you looked at other cars other then those two?

I totally disagree! Just use your head and think logically..

How much does a turbo kit cost for an SI, and then way the benefits..

wildcars

Ready to race!
I was thinking more in terms of world class motorsports like LeMans, Daytona, Spa-Franchorchamps, Sebring, Nurburgring, and Dubai and cars like Porche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Ford, McLaren, and Lotus. Sure the Japanese have tried to get there foot in the door of world class motorsports but only in recent times. Maybe in another 25 years the Japanese cars can make there mark and I might rank them into the world of motorsports. They have a long way to go. Until then I have no interest in the Japanese as an automaker. You guys drive German cars, come on Japanese!!

Japanese are in a different world class motorsport, and are on top, like Rally, Formula 1!!!!!

Do you see Porsche, Audi in Formula 1? NO! But you do see Toyota, Honda there..

I think you are not thinking broad enough..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Toyota and Honda are both out of F1.... and were never really on top :confused:

Porsche has been in F1 before, but both them and Audi focus more on Le Mans racing.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Japanese are in a different world class motorsport, and are on top, like Rally, Formula 1!!!!!

Do you see Porsche, Audi in Formula 1? NO! But you do see Toyota, Honda there..

I think you are not thinking broad enough..

Uh... Toyota and Honda are no longer participating in ANY vehicular motorsports except in BTCC and Superbike for Honda, and NASCAR for Toyota.

Porsche and Audi compete in higher-level motorsports than Honda and Toyota do.

full race ftmfw 9.5psi = 400whp.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_1392_1395&products_id=2240

Civic Si's are awesome. 6spd, tough motor/trans, LSD. I rode in a turbo Si that used a headplate spacer to drop compression to 8.5:1(like a VR6t) with the wick on the turbo turned way up and it was *fast*.

Sorry, gotta disagree on the transmission - it's fragile as glass. Many guys that I know on 8thCivic are suffering from the 3rd gear grind and 2nd gear not wanting to go in sometimes. VTEC is fun, though.

SE5spd

Passed Driver's Ed
I totally disagree! Just use your head and think logically..

How much does a turbo kit cost for an SI, and then way the benefits..

How so? A NA jap car is gonna be cheaper then a boosted euro.

And you can piece together a kit for $2500 or so

or you can do a K20/24 and spray

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
are you jus saying that cause this is a GTI forum?

I dont know I kind of wish I got a SI but I just dont like honda :laugh:

not at all.. i love jdm cars and actually would love to get a s2000 in the future and boost it. always loved them. but the Si really just didnt do it for me after getting the GTI. the GTI just offers way better performance for the &, better interior, no tranny issues, and gas mileage is better when i drive nicely. way better actually. i averaged 25 in the Si and i average 30 in the GTI. when i beat on it i still get 25 lol.

if you like the honda better i say go for it. its a fun car, but IMO the GTI just has way more potential.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I'd get an si if I wore baggy jeans and my hat backwards.

Actually there not so bad up top actually in rpm hondas are fun as hell to rip. But down low....yawn.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
^ agreed. top end is so nice. and with my skunk2 exhaust i have and an intake, it roared. got pulled over numerous times for being too loud. was tons of fun while i had it, but as i piece together my GTI i like it much more

shandyman5

I feel like the quality of the Civic Si and GTI are on two different planets..... then there is that civic dash. *pukes*