GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 4door Autobahn with DSG

isons429

Ready to race!
Found a CPO 2011 4 door Autobahn with DSG with just over 11K miles. Leather seats, seems loaded. Dealer is asking 25K which seems high to me. Thoughts?

EDIT: Not that I would buy a car because of these extras, but it has the R-LED's already installed as well as 18" OZ Superturismo's

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
a new 2012 would be over $30K.. you are getting the extended warranty, plus the goodies already installed (whether you keep them or sell them for profit), so I think $24-$25k is fairly reasonable.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I have a Black 4-dr Autobahn, Stock, CERTIFIED, DSG for sale for right around 27000 with around 5000 miles... The GTI you are buying definitely is NOT certified, so you are not getting the extended warranty. The car cannot be certified with aftermarket wheels or the R-tails. :)

Last edited:

isons429

Ready to race!
Just talked with this dealership, they stated that it is certified :iono:

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
It is PRE-certified. I can almost guarantee! Unless they do a botch job and playing shady business with VW. A car cannot be certified unless it is in STOCK condition. R-tails, and Aftermarket wheels will prohibit the car from being certified. What I am guessing is when you get there they are going to try and charge you for the certification, and/or switch you to a different car... Just be careful. What dealership is it at??

darkxghost

Ready to race!
iono what the poster above you got that info from, but CPO is up for vw and the dealer to decide. Not whether they have aftermarket cosmetic mods or not. I would offer 24.5k and call it a day :D

*edit: just saw the post above me as I posted... I'm pretty sure only if it's engine mods and whatnot.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
iono what the poster above you got that info from, but CPO is up for vw and the dealer to decide. Not whether they have aftermarket cosmetic mods or not. I would offer 24.5k and call it a day :D

*edit: just saw the post above me as I posted... I'm pretty sure only if it's engine mods and whatnot.

100% wrong! We could not certify a car because the car had a HID headlight kit! NO AFTERMARKET parts can be on the car!!! The wheels MIGHT MIGHT be able to pass, btu the tails is a DEFINATE NO GO!!!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
right, but not every dealer follows the rules....

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
right, but not every dealer follows the rules....

Which isn't good, because how do you know they fixed the things needed to be fixed. The whole point of buying a "certified" car is because it is supposed to be like new.. haha.. might as well buy a USED car AS-IS, and buy an extended warranty. You get longer coverage etc... And if VW finds out your CPO warranty is shot!

isons429

Ready to race!
I am having my doubts about the CPO status, but what they stated to me was that the LED tails are a VW part, so they can be certified. He tried to say that that the wheels where too, but I said that VW does not produce cars with OZ's stock. I think that the dealership does not know what they are talking about...

darkxghost

Ready to race!
maybe the dealer doesn't know the LED tails are aftermarket. haha. at the same time... if they are offering CPO, get it in writing and you're good to go. Whatever may break down the road, they are responsible for it.

**edit. they do realize LED are not stock. hmm.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I am having my doubts about the CPO status, but what they stated to me was that the LED tails are a VW part, so they can be certified. He tried to say that that the wheels where too, but I said that VW does not produce cars with OZ's stock. I think that the dealership does not know what they are talking about...

Ya, I would be careful with that! They seem to be playing games! :) Come buy the one I am selling!!!

maybe the dealer doesn't know the LED tails are aftermarket. haha. at the same time... if they are offering CPO, get it in writing and you're good to go. Whatever may break down the road, they are responsible for it.

**edit. they do realize LED are not stock. hmm.

Oh please! They SELL VW's! They know they are not stock tail-lights!!!

isons429

Ready to race!
Yeah, I kind of lose faith in the dealership when I know more about the cars than they do :(