GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Autobahn CPO

slim11235813

I'm not set on it, I just came here to find out the information that I have. You even think it's not a good deal for $27k + TTL? That's around $3k less than what I would pay for a new. And I just looked and it seems that the CPO extended warranty is a powertrain warranty

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm not set on it, I just came here to find out the information that I have. You even think it's not a good deal for $27k + TTL? That's around $3k less than what I would pay for a new. And I just looked and it seems that the CPO extended warranty is a powertrain warranty

The new factory powertrain warranty is already 5/50. So I fail to see any value of the CPO.

A new car will have 15k less miles ... so you will have less wear and tear and more free maintenance and you will be the first person that would have farted in the car.

And no 27k is not a good deal.

25k or less is.

flug2012

Ready to race!
That warranty extension is essentially useless then. :laugh:

Why are you so set on this car?

It's clearly not a good deal.

The VW CPO Program is a 2yr/24000 mile whichever occurs first bumper to bumper warranty including roadside assistance. You also keep the balance of the current warranty.

slim11235813

The new factory powertrain warranty is already 5/50. So I fail to see any value of the CPO.

A new car will have 15k less miles ... so you will have less wear and tear and more free maintenance and you will be the first person that would have farted in the car.

And no 27k is not a good deal.

25k or less is.

The value is that the CPO warranty does not come into play until after the initial warranty runs out. So you actually get an additional 2 years/24k miles worth of coverage.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The value is that the CPO warranty does not come into play until after the initial warranty runs out. So you actually get an additional 2 years/24k miles worth of coverage.

You already spent the year and 14k miles. So you get an extra year and 10k miles for things like :
Coverage includes, but is not limited to:

* Engine
* Front and rear axles

* Electrical systems
* Anti-lock brake system
* Torque converter
* Steering

* Automatic transmission
* Manual transmission

* Heating/air-conditioning
* Differential

Thing in bold are already covered by the powertrain 5/50 as is.

flug2012

Ready to race!
You already spent the year and 14k miles. So you get an extra year and 10k miles for things like :
Coverage includes, but is not limited to:

* Engine
* Front and rear axles

* Electrical systems
* Anti-lock brake system
* Torque converter
* Steering

* Automatic transmission
* Manual transmission

* Heating/air-conditioning
* Differential

Thing in bold are already covered by the powertrain 5/50 as is.

It's 3/36 plus 2/24 so you're good for 4/46 or?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's 3/36 plus 2/24 so you're good for 4/46 or?

yes and no ;)

5/56 and the 5/50 on the powertrain that seemingly remains unchanged.

But the car is already at
1/14 so you have to subtract that out if you want to compared that to a new car

So you're essentially at
4/42 compared to 3/36 on "everything"

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I paid $30200 for my 2011 autobahn brand new... $27k tops for cpo.

flug2012

Ready to race!
yes and no ;)

5/56 and the 5/50 on the powertrain that seemingly remains unchanged.

But the car is already at
1/14 so you have to subtract that out if you want to compared that to a new car

The CPO runs off the basic warranty of 3/36 and extends it to 5/60 which essentially only gives you 10K over the powertrain, but with the 1/14 used already you get 4/46 on this 1yo car when you drive off.

hpowders

Ready to race!
The VW CPO warranty does not cover the DSG. It's in the small print. Manual transmissions only.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, and I'm finally approaching the point of purchase. A 2011 4 door, autobahn, DSG, CPO with 14k miles just showed up at my local VW dealership. They have it listed at $29,900. Any opinions on how low I can bring this down?

Don't do it. The dealership i went to wanted the same price forthe same package wit10k miles nd i said HELL NO. I ended up in a brand new 4 door autobahn in black same as they were trying to sell. No way in hell would i pay 30k for a used GTI