GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTi DSG - Flashing D and Wrench

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Good Afternoon Everyone,

So about 2-3 times over the past few months while driving on the highway and taking a turn off the exit, I have seen the D flashing in the dashboard along with a wrench. The car loses acceleration and it feels as if Im in neutral. When I pull over and restart the car, the flashing disappears and I can continue driving it. I brought it to the shop and they did see a code but they felt like it would be resolved by changing the transmission fluid and filter. So we did that, but the car still didnt feel right and a few weeks later it happened again. I read up on it and some people are saying its the mechatronic unit and/or TCM, and since I have a PZEV car I brought it to the dealer since the TCM is covered under the 15 year 150K mile warranty.

I just heard from the dealer and they said its not the mechatronic or TCM, rather the 2 clutches need to be replaced. And since the car has 98k miles they want to change the whole transmission. That would be extremely expensive to do and not sure if its even worth it. Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any experience on if replacing the 2 clutches will correct the issue? Thank You in Advance!!!