GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Stage 2 GTI to 2011 A4 s-line

Ryan741

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking about selling my GTI to a guy at work and getting a used 2011 Audi A4 S-line. Worth it or do you think it's a stupid move. Selling gti $28k a4 can get for $37k.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
No way. Keep the GTI.

The A4, IMO, is over priced as is. The S line trim adds even more that in necessary.

You already have an Autobahn GTI that is well-equipped and luxurious. You'll end up disappointed if you make the swap, especially the huge price difference between the two for not that much difference in car.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Won't the A4 feel slow, going from a stg 2 Gti (even if the valve lift is good for 10 more ponies, it's a good bit heavier)? Think of the money you'll spend to make the A4 feel fast.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
The *proper* upgrade path is GTI --> S4.

At least, that's what I'm thinking in 3 years. :)

Hmm, though make that pre-owned S4... those things depreciate like crazy.

BLKFLYGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Buying used 37K to 40K used auto

I wanted to buy a 2000-2003 M5 but bought a MK6 GTI instead. Why, because even a $70K car at a $20K price requires paying $70K repair bills. It's a fact. I checked with several mechanics and they all concurred. Even though the M5 is totally a screamer, at 9-12 years old, the technology of the GTI is worlds ahead. Still, the test drives of several M5's haunt me as it is just bad ass period.

BLKFLYGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Buying used 37K to 40K auto

I wanted to buy a 2000-2003 M5 but bought a MK6 GTI instead. Why, because even a $70K car at a $20K price requires paying $70K repair bills. It's a fact. I checked with several mechanics and they all concurred. Even though the M5 is totally a screamer, at 9-12 years old, the technology of the GTI is worlds ahead. Still, the test drives of several M5's haunt me as it is just bad ass period.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
My friend has a 2009 A4 S line. I really like it. I can give you better advice if you tell me why you are considering doing this. All these other guys are about speed, I am not. But my friend's A4 is a manual so it is a little more enjoyable to drive.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
If you do end up doing it, and I wound'nt unless it was the S4, only get it in stick because its horribly slow in auto.

P

plac

The *proper* upgrade path is GTI --> S4.

At least, that's what I'm thinking in 3 years. :)

Hmm, though make that pre-owned S4... those things depreciate like crazy.

exactly bro... i'd love one of those someday... but i love those V8's... even tho i guess the newer V6 SC are told to be better in a lot of ways... ive loved V8's since my 1968 Charger 440 big block i had in like 93/94, and will always love V8's.

P

plac

oh and Op... if your car was anything but an autobahn.. then you might think about it some more.. but no way... no deal. it'll be slower on top of everything else.. why you think even he wants the GTI... cuz its the better choice............

shadow29

Ready to race!
My friends mom has a 2011 A4 that's fully loaded and its a great car. But I really don't think that its worth $40K. Still reasonably quick, but keep in mind your coming from a stage II to a family sedan. Hell for a couple more thousand dollars you could get an A6 with the 3.0 V6, and that thing has some balls to it.