GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 2.5 Manual 2-door owner (w/ some pics)

dmg

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've got so many wants.. but limited funds. Definitely want to try most of those ideas. Future mods- tune, short shifter, clutch stop (interesting), 50/20 tint, GTI roof spoiler, led headlights/brakelights, fog lights, unibrace, Eurojet exhaust, 17" light weight wheels with Micheline super sports, Rieger or SCR front spoilter lip perhaps, etc etc etc

Last edited:

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've got so many wants.. but limited funds. Definitely want to try most of those ideas. Future mods- tune, short shifter, clutch stop (interesting), 50/20 tint, GTI roof spoiler, led headlights/brakelights, fog lights, unibrace, Eurojet exhaust, 17" light weight wheels with Micheline super sports, Rieger or SCR front spoilter lip perhaps, etc etc etc

All great mods to do! I have a clutch stop and it feels so much better without the extra travel in the clutch pedal

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
GTI suspension swap if you must. Otherwise a nice set of lightweight wheels would help.

I'd recommend GTI take off wheels+tires to keep costs down.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
GTI suspension swap if you must. Otherwise a nice set of lightweight wheels would help.

I'd recommend GTI take off wheels+tires to keep costs down.

This!! OP i have GTI springs for sale, 160 bucks which includes shipping.

It's also from a 2-door manual, only 20k miles on them.

eyedeas

Ready to race!
I also agree with loving it being number 1.
Than cold air intake, opens it up really nicely.
I'd follow that with exhaust or suspension.
Next I'd sand the steelies and paint them because steelies are awesome. You can do this earlier also because steelies are awesome.
After that I'd go to the fridge and make a sandwich.
Following that I am probably gonna need a nap.

I personally would wait for a tune after I got a Short Runner Intake(selling the CAI to help fund this). That would also be an Integrated Engineering SRI with tune and get 40ish more horspower.....for only $1000+ install n such. That should keep you up with a GTI(stock most likely).

After that a downpipe with a cat because the environment and atmosphere are awesome. Oh that and trees are pretty cool. Both kinds.