GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Autobahn 4dr dsg

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
Sounds to me like you got shafted as well...to me at least.
2011 CSG Autobahn 6 speed, I pay $360 a month to OWN. Over $400 for a lease? That seems rough...

how did you manage to only pay $360/mo for a brand new autobahn? even at 0% finance you're only at under 26k with 72 payments.

in comparison here is NYCSuits's.
I pay $411 a month, 0 down except taxes title (which they covered 2k of because NY state tax is brutal), for a 2012 4 Door DSG, Nav, & Sun. at 15k per year.

granted it's not autobahn, but with a dsg so price difference isn't much.

Davidson

Sounds to me like you got shafted as well.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I know I got a solid deal...let me put it into perspective for everyone who is against leasing...

$411 per month for the car...a few hundred due at signing (I had a family member buy a car at the dealership before so they offered a rebate and covered additional costs to reduce the dues at signing by 2k...oh yea...it INCLUDES wheel and tire insurance for the full 36 months I have the car)

The way I saw it...after the 3 years (32 months now)...I'll have a MK6 with roughly 45,000 miles. If I bought it...the used car market is going to be flooded with lower mileage GTIs and the MK7 will be out and the value of a used MK6 will be down by at least 5-10% as a result.

Made sense in my head but what do I know right

RMR

Passed Driver's Ed
I know I got a solid deal...let me put it into perspective for everyone who is against leasing...

$411 per month for the car...a few hundred due at signing (I had a family member buy a car at the dealership before so they offered a rebate and covered additional costs to reduce the dues at signing by 2k...oh yea...it INCLUDES wheel and tire insurance for the full 36 months I have the car)

The way I saw it...after the 3 years (32 months now)...I'll have a MK6 with roughly 45,000 miles. If I bought it...the used car market is going to be flooded with lower mileage GTIs and the MK7 will be out and the value of a used MK6 will be down by at least 5-10% as a result.

Made sense in my head but what do I know right

We all do what makes sense to us. I bought my '12 Autobahn DSG with $3600 down and 0% interest. Down payment went to cover TTL and some principal and I financed around out the door $26.5k over 5 years. My payments are $442/month. After 3 years I will owe only around $10,500. There will be plenty of equity in the car if I choose to trade or sell. Flooded market or not. I used to lease but at today's low finance rates it makes no sense to me at all. On the lease they are still charging the money factor to you. On the buy side it's 0%.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
OP was a one hit wonder...

Gonnabuyavw

Thank You everyone for your input. I'm currently shopping other vw dealers and contemplating purchasing the car instead of leasing it