GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Cliche' Candy White Wolf's GTI

The-S

Ready to race!
2014 Cliche' Candy White Wolf's GTI (St Pete area)

This all started about four months ago. I have this job, which fills my pockets with very little green stuff every so often, but its better than college money. About a year and a half ago I purchased my 2010 F150 4x4 and LOVED every second of it. With that being said, in that time period I put almost 60k on it! That being said, two weeks ago I took "Clifford" my big red bitch up to my local ford dealer for service before making a trip to South Carolina for a wedding.

While at the dealer, a close friend of mine who is a sales lady gave me the keys to a 2011 Eco Boost like mine and told me to take it to lunch. I began speaking with her, and we looked at the numbers on a trade. My vehicle was very close to the point where I would not get a decent trade in price for it. So I took the truck to lunch while she ran the numbers. Upon my return I basically would need to pay $10,000 to get into that vehicle. I decided thanks but no thanks. How much better could the mileage be right? How bad ass could it be?

So I take the long journey to South Carolina with an average mpg of 16.4 at 80mph. This needless to say was terrible and a very expensive trip. Some of you know I have expressed a great deal of interest in a Miata, but have yet to find one I would like to tinker with. I came to the reality that having my vehicle, my charger patrol car, the lady's new beetle and an old jeep in the yard was enough and I did not need another thing cluttering up my yard or insurance.

I had the great idea one day to say "Matt, what could you do to help save a little more money and still have fun"? The conclusion I came to was the GO DRIVE a new SHO. So I did and loved it, but the size of the vehicle was a little big for my taste and carrying my bikes would be a pain. So I slept a few more days and on a day off decided I would go drive all the "hot hatch" vehicles I could find in the greater St. Pete area.

The Focus ST was first. I loved the seats, but did not enjoy the drive. It made a good amount of power but really did not feel fun. Next I tried new MINI's and the Speed 3. Both of which were a bust. Finally I swallowed my pride and drove an underpowered GTi. The car really surprised me in the end.

I started looking around online for vehicles in the area that I could attempt to work a deal on. KBB said my truck was worth 24xxx in trade in "good" condition. I found myself always searching for a GTi. I found a used Golf R which the idea of gave me a boner! After driving it I decided I did not want leather seats at this time again and the AWD was a take it or leave it kind of thing. I wanted something that felt like a drivers car, around my price range and could offer the utility needed to carry my bikes. So back to the ST I went! I again felt like it was not the car I would be happy with.

A few days past, I was at work and found something I really liked. Something that I guess is not a common package. 2014 GTi Wolfsburg, 4 door, MANUAL, and white. Wolfsburg comes with the plaid interior and most of GTi's on the market now are DSG. I called the dealer and he informed me that the vehicle had been sold earlier that day but he would be willing to work with me. I awaited his call for two days....nothing.

I was told Reeves in Tampa usually has tons of cars and they advertise with her. She gave me the number of someone we met at Cars and Coffee that works there. They just so happened to have the exact car I wanted with 14 miles on it! I took a long shot and told them what I had to offer and did not want to pay a dime. The vehicle was $27,000 final sticker so I figured I would have to pay SOMETHING. I was told that by the end of the day I would hear back from them on if it is even a possibility. I later that morning went to my mandatory qualification's at the range. While there I got a text saying I would only have to pay a dealer fee and tag transfer with a grand total of $861. Keep in mind this is going from a 2010 with 60k, been stuck, beat up in the woods, and driven through some nasty shitake mushrooms on a weekly basis. I replied I really don't want to pay anything. He said if I drive up I would have to talk to them about it.

I left my house with $50 in the gas tank. Arrived there on EMPTY. Bla bla bla, I drove a TDi, and a GTi, while they looked at my truck. A short time later, I drove off with a 2014 GTi Wolfsburg 6speed 4 door and paid NOTHING with NO PAYMENT oh PLUS AN AWESOME WARRANTY/SERVICE DEAL. So in the end, for the amount of driving I do and the money spent on gas this will be a sound investment. It came with their CARGo system and Monster Mats which is flipping sweet. Having never owned a new car, I am a little excited and don't have a ton of plans for it. So here it is, laugh, tell my I lost my balls, call me gay. When its all said and done this thing is a blast to drive and an average of 36mph when I took her home kept me smiling!

Last edited:

13WolfsburgGTI

Nice car dude! Sometimes I wish I had bought a 6MT... Enjoy!

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:

Would read again, only for this line:

The-S said:
I actually value her opinion on something other than swallowing my baby gravy and whats for dinner.

Welcome.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
fuck man. an amazing first post. the new queensbury.

and yes, the first GTI will always be the most special.

clownish

just clowning around
Let it be noted; she really is amazing, so amazing in fact that I must holds off purchasing big mods so I can put a ring on her finger.

That's pretty much my problem too. I told myself I was gunna barely save for that until the start of the new year and drop what I woulda been saving into a big brake kit. VWR brake kit is nearly $600 off right now...

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
Tint happens tomorrow. Not sure if 30 all the way around will be enough.

Thinking black 710s. Black roof/mirrors. Dg springs. Apr 1. Bike rack Cbe maybeeeee? Would love to know if there is a way to do a TBE that is quiet! Discuss....
solid plan, just go eurojet catback and any downpipe with a cat and resonator, our cars don't really wake up unless those are pulled.