GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Coachella lineup dropped! AC/DC, Steely Dan, Ride, Drake, Jungle, etc

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Holy high res picture, Batman.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Not a great line up this year. Interpol is about it for me. Will go see AC/DC and Steely Dan and Hozier and Caribou. Need to do a lot of research and listening for this one.
But it is good the lineup is shit (unfamiliar). Can then wander around discovering new things and spend a lot more time in the Sahara tent giving it beans.

But Drake the 7up guy headlining?! ... that has to be a joke.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Same way tool and a perfect circle played at lollapalooza

Tool has played Coachella twice, in 2006 and 1999. The 1999 one was with A Perfect Circle as well.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I've been clicking through every past coachella artist that has a wikipedia page on and off since this thread started and every single one of them so far is indie/alt/punk rock, pop/rap/hip-hop, or some EDM flavor.

It's basically a "festival for musicians who aren't that great on their instruments" from what I can tell. There are exceptions, obviously. Tool can play but generally refuse to show it in their songs and instead make them super monotonous. Steely Dan can play but generally keep it mellow. A lot of other guys can play but generally refuse to show it in their songs too.

It's simply a different philosophy that I can't comprehend.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
lol @ calling artists like Squarepusher, Danny Tenaglia, Hot Natured, and Caribou "EDM" :laugh: