GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Word. Toyota took all of its awesome cars and just beat em with a bat and threw em away.

Goodbye mr2, goodbye supra, goodbye celica...hello prius! hello corolla! hello rav4!

Exactly... Honda too.

Honda S2000
Honda Prelude
The old yet ultra-reliable Civic Si's that were a blast to drive..
Sad.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Nice car. My dad had a legacy wagon from that era. Even with just the 2.5 engine it moved decently well. Fun to drive, too. Handled great.

That one looks really well maintained. Would be a good car for sure.

I would take one of those over any new Subaru. They're just better cars. I feel like the newer the Japanese car, the cheaper they feel.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I would take one of those over any new Subaru. They're just better cars. I feel like the newer the Japanese car, the cheaper they feel.

Have you been in a new Civic Si? There are a lot of ways to describe that interior... but cheap isn't one that I would pick.

I like this gen of Legacy the best mainly because the belt line was still low, its super easy to see out of. It feels like a smaller car, but has the space of a midsize. I also think it looks way better than the current crop of Legacies, but that's a bit more subjective.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Acura rsx, acura nsx, acura integra^

Acura rsx type s was beautiful inside and out.

No kidding. Awhile back I was scouring over all the cars available and was surprised none of the Acuras were coming up in my filtered searches.

So, I went to the Acura website and realized they completely changed and destroyed (to me) their product line.

All 4 doors, sedans and SUV type things.
Every car has the same (ugly) silver nose on it.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Acura rsx, acura nsx, acura integra^

Acura rsx type s was beautiful inside and out.

Yeah, good point. Acura is a whole other issue. They had the RSX type-S, the Integra, NSX, even the TSX and TL around '05 were just awesome cars. Now they are just following Honda, and their sales figures are pretty poor...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Have you been in a new Civic Si? There are a lot of ways to describe that interior... but cheap isn't one that I would pick.

I like this gen of Legacy the best mainly because the belt line was still low, its super easy to see out of. It feels like a smaller car, but has the space of a midsize. I also think it looks way better than the current crop of Legacies, but that's a bit more subjective.

I cross-shopped the Civic Si back in Summer 2013 when I started looking for cars. Of course I had always wanted the GTI, but I was looking everywhere just out of curiosity. I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's not the same Civic from the late 90's. It feels much more softened, and certainly doesn't look as nice.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
So, I went to the Acura website and realized they completely changed and destroyed (to me) their product line.

All 4 doors, sedans and SUV type things.
Every car has the same (ugly) silver nose on it.

They have certainly destroyed their product line.

My parents have owned/leased 4 Acuras over my lifetime. A 2006 TL, a 2009 RL, a 2010 MDX, and a 2013 RLX. The only one I truly liked was the TL. It certainly gave Germans competition during that time. The RLX is just a complete joke, and a 3-Series/C-Class outperforms it in every way, from performance to quality. Thankfully we only have the MDX now, and the RLX has been replaced by something better.

It all comes down to value, and for the prices of those vehicles, the cars cannot possibly compete. Acura today is nothing but an upgraded line of Honda vehicles.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
That 2-door Rex rendering looks like it would be an awesome scorroco competitor

butchered by autocorrecr

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't get the integra lovin... yes it was a good car for it's time... but there are many other cars that are far better now.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I don't get the integra lovin... yes it was a good car for it's time... but there are many other cars that are far better now.

For the time though...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If I wanted a japanese low weight high reving low power car I'd get a BR-Z it is a better car than the integra ever was...