GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$280 - CTS Turbo 3″ Downpipe (NEW)

Soupcan-Sam

Passed Driver's Ed
This is the exact item: https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/ct...r5Eua5xpBE4-1635281828-0-gqNtZGzNAjujcnBszQi9

Brand new, no-cat. Includes install kit from CTS with gasket and 4 copper lock nuts. Worth $410. Asking for $280.

I am willing to ship it to you. I will package it and take it to UPS or USPS for an estimate and then give you the total price. Transfer me the price+shipping $$$ and I will send it your way.
  • T304 seamless stainless steel tubing
  • T304 stainless steel flanges
  • 100% TIG welded
  • 3 oxygen sensor bungs to fit multiple models
  • Stainless steel clamps
  • Compatible with factory or aftermarket catback exhaust systems
  • Connects to the exhaust using factory sleeve clamp (not included)
  • Removable 60mm reducer for easy install

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what happened...

I wasn't around to sign for this damn pipe when it arrived at my house. It was sent all the way back to CTS in Canada. CTS charged me another $80 to ship it back. It shows up and I have the wrong part. I thought I ordered the DP with the cat. I did not, missed that info somehow. CTS says "oh well" we have 35% restocking fee if you want a refund. So, screw me for working 12 hour days and not reading the fine print on the description in the website.

Maybe it will work out to your benefit though!

Attachments

• DP 2.jpg
    DP 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • DP 1.jpg
    DP 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

RKGMK6

I don't understand. you did order a DP with a CAT. are you referring to the change in diameter from 3" to 2.5" exhaust? I don't understand I'm slow

Soupcan-Sam

Passed Driver's Ed
No worries.

Well, I thought I ordered a CAT. But it's not in the box, and when I looked at the web page further it never actually says a CAT is included. Even found this picture.

So, no CAT. Just straight pipe.

I already have a no-CAT DP on the car. I wanted a new DP with a CAT. Scratched the whole plan after dealing with CTS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-131410.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-131410.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 55

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I don't understand. you did order a DP with a CAT. are you referring to the change in diameter from 3" to 2.5" exhaust? I don't understand I'm slow

You can tell from the pictures in the first post that it's a catless DP. I personally have the CTS catted downpipe. Based on OP's original images, the third section from the top should have a visible bulge where the cat is, if it was actually catted. I don't see the cat bulge there.