GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2dr vs 4dr

Ferrari500

Hi everyone, hope all is well, a very quick noob question, i was wondering if anyone knows if the 4 door GTi, MkVI is longer than the 2 door!?

I can't seem to find the dimensions anywhere..

God these Golf Gti's are nice!!
Thanks in advance for the help! :)

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
exactly as Fredf states: they are exactly the same car, it's just the placement of the "B" pillar and the two additional doors. The cargo space and all are identical.

-Dozer-

Ready to race!
Another item to note is that because it's the same dimenstion the 4 door model has much shorter doors. For me it makes a difference because I live in the City and never have much room to get in and out of the car.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Another item to note is that because it's the same dimenstion the 4 door model has much shorter doors. For me it makes a difference because I live in the City and never have much room to get in and out of the car.

This is one reason i got a 4 door and the other reason is you ever tried to get 2 grown dudes in the back seat with a 2 door car or any one larger than 10 year old child

fredf

Go Kart Champion
and..personally, (and I know I'm in the minority here) I think the 4 door looks better.

DvS21

Ready to race!
This is one reason i got a 4 door and the other reason is you ever tried to get 2 grown dudes in the back seat with a 2 door car or any one larger than 10 year old child

BS, If the only difference is the fact the B pillar is moved only for the doors, why would the rear seat have less leg room. I for a fact know that I can fit 4 average to above average (four guys all ranging in height from5'8" to 6'4") without too much difficulty. The rear seat on even the 2 door GTI is extremely practical.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Just one of the things I found out after getting my car, did i do my homework, no not really. Getting in to the back seat of my wife's new beetle is rather easy, when you grab the seats top latch the seat lifts forward, i thought the GTI would be the same, but as you all probably know that isn't how it works. It is not easy getting into the back, but it doesn't affect me that much, just me or my wife and me. My son is in another state and we will deal with it when he visits.

FrankMK6

4 door has the same overall length but looks longer (optical illusion).

Besides the obvious added convenience, the 4 door has a better safety rating due to the added rigidity of the b pillar.

I agree the 4 door looks better too.;-)

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
BS, If the only difference is the fact the B pillar is moved only for the doors, why would the rear seat have less leg room. I for a fact know that I can fit 4 average to above average (four guys all ranging in height from5'8" to 6'4") without too much difficulty. The rear seat on even the 2 door GTI is extremely practical.

I had originally ordered a 2 door and then I got to looking at a 2 door and it is not the leg room i was talking about it was squeezing through to the back seat not to mention that I am 6'1" and weigh 220lbs and if I have a hard time getting in the back seat I would not want to make my friends get back there either. Well in the end it is all personal preference.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
2dr>4dr

back2vw1

My wife and I went back and forth on the 2 door vs 4 door argument quite a bit.

We decided on the 4 door for the following reasons

- Shorter doors (I'm 6' with size 12 shoes. Our garage is very tight so it is easier to get in/out with short doors)

- I found it difficult to get in the back seat of the 2 door. Once in back it was fine, but also claustrophobic. Personally I wouldn't ride in the back myself, so why put friends (possibly kids) back there? The car gets 40+ mpg and I want to be able to make trips comfortably with friends.

- Looks. This is subjective of course, but I feel like the 4 door looks more grown up. 2 door looks more like a teenager's car to me, and hopefully I won't get profiled as much. lol

Nefilim

Ready to race!
Once your friends learn how to use the quick seat fold in a 2-door, it's never a big issue. I mean, yeah it takes longer, but it's not all that impractical.

victorM

Passed Driver's Ed
any GTI is good option, but talking about pasion, two doors cars are sport version vehicles

2 for me always, cheers to 4 drivers

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
agree with DVs21 though...seat dimensions on the 2dr/4dr are identical...so you have the same room in the rear on both cars

but yes, it will be more difficult to get in/out of the back seats.