GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

41 PSI: High isn't it?

Dayv

Ready to race!
As the volume of the inside of the tire decreases, the pressure necessarily needs to be higher to exert the requisite amount of force on the sidewalls to keep the tire inflated.

I'm reasonably sure my understanding is correct, although my high school chemistry may be a little rusty.

That's... not even chemistry!

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
touche :clap:

I don't mess around :laugh:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I came to this stupid section looking for a video of a Golf R running 41psi on race gas and I get...math? What the fuck is wrong with you people? :D

Just for all the disappointed people (best I could do on short notice):

myfastgti1

Ready to race!
The temperature of the air inside the tire will change, and along with that is density and pressure. This is a question you would see in fluid dynamics 2

MetalBong

Passed Driver's Ed
Whoa, just came back to see this really lit up.

The biggest point that is easily overlooked here is construction of the tire, so many variables in construction methods that it's an apples to oranges argument trying to compare pressure needs from different size/brand/style tires.

Huntoor

PV=nRT

As volume decreases, pressure increases increase to maintain same rigidity.

haha ohh chemistry always works

VP/T as volume decreases pressure has to increase. and of course temperature effects them both! Heavier car with a lower volume of air will result in a need for more pressure! :attention_whore: lol

Last edited: