GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5.0 Mustangs...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
No way man. Everyone here with a stage 1 GTI is smoking the 5.0s. I guess I better remember about the superior interior mobile when I'm in my C7. :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
No way man. Everyone here with a stage 1 GTI is smoking the 5.0s. I guess I better remember about the superior interior mobile when I'm in my C7. :laugh:

Oh yeah. I remember when I tuned my GTI. That thing was a Hellcat killer man.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
So, this is the one I'm sticking with.

You stage 1 boys just leave me alone. :p

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion

I'm giving Ford a year or two to work the kinks out because I don't want a repeat of what happened with my 2006 Mehstang GT that was actually manufactured in 2005. Hopefully they get it right this time!

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I'm giving Ford a year or two to work the kinks out because I don't want a repeat of what happened with my 2006 Mehstang GT that was actually manufactured in 2005. Hopefully they get it right this time!

A few years ago and I would be fully in agreement with you. Today though, not so much. Last year I ordered another "complete refresh" and took delivery in March. The car has been no more troublesome than any other later model for me.

Probably the largest complaint people bring up about the C7 paint, specifically the orange peel... as if it's supposed to have paint like an exotic that is hand sanded. My paint is the same quality that was on my 2011 C6, which was about 6 years into the production cycle of the model.

With the advancement in production line quality control in the last 5-6 years I am not even worried about it. :iono:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The whole "don't buy the first model year" argument is just so 1960s. Who gives a fuck anymore?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

GORGEOUS. WOW.

I had an 05 and I had no issues with it for the entire 6.5 yrs I owned. Shit, the only thing I replaced was tires and brake pads. Not even a battery. And it was far from stock.

The whole "don't buy the first model year" argument is just so 1960s. Who gives a fuck anymore?

THIS.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So I've been looking at used Coyotes.... They're still all listed for around $23-25k+... I mean, I could be in a new one for $26k from what I'm seeing. What gives? Maybe I should just steal a '14 new when the '15s arrive... But I don't want to settle on the wrong color or anything.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
So I've been looking at used Coyotes.... They're still all listed for around $23-25k+... I mean, I could be in a new one for $26k from what I'm seeing. What gives? Maybe I should just steal a '14 new when the '15s arrive... But I don't want to settle on the wrong color or anything.

Yes, those hold value extremely well.

Are you really going Mustang??

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion

The '14s are being heavily discounted now, advertising $38k GT Premium cars for $32k and the cheaper ones are down $3-4k without negotiating at all. Also, around here the supply is already drying up. If you're really thinking about a '14, I'd get moving now and work some deals.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The '14s are being heavily discounted now, advertising $38k GT Premium cars for $32k and the cheaper ones are down $3-4k without negotiating at all. Also, around here the supply is already drying up. If you're really thinking about a '14, I'd get moving now and work some deals.

looking at your sig. are you hiring?

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion

I spent about an hour checking out the 2015s at the Ford site yesterday. Seems like to me you get a LOT for your money with the GT Premium at $36100 MSRP and the Performance Package adds $2495.

You get an ENORMOUS amount of substantial stuff with that PP...but idk about the black only wheels...?

The 2015 is a LOT NICER CAR than the 2014....certainly worth the premium over the 2014 to me. Cooled Seats? YES!

Anyway, I don't know how you can argue that the GT Premium +PP at <40K MSRP (and who knows what actual price in another 8 months) is not a screaming deal.

Car is bad ass, and I want one, sans the mandatory black ramz.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
looking at your sig. are you hiring?

I am, actually. If you want to move the bay area and have some impressive coding and scripting skills, PM me your resume.

I spent about an hour checking out the 2015s at the Ford site yesterday. Seems like to me you get a LOT for your money with the GT Premium at $36100 MSRP and the Performance Package adds $2495.

You get an ENORMOUS amount of substantial stuff with that PP...but idk about the black only wheels...?

The 2015 is a LOT NICER CAR than the 2014....certainly worth the premium over the 2014 to me. Cooled Seats? YES!

Anyway, I don't know how you can argue that the GT Premium +PP at <40K MSRP (and who knows what actual price in another 8 months) is not a screaming deal.

Car is bad ass, and I want one, sans the mandatory black ramz.

Agreed. Ramz will probably be powder coated later. X-Plan pricing is about $200 over invoice and will likely be the best deal for awhile on the car, at least the 8 months or so you quoted.