GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth Module

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
You'll need to upgrade your radio and Bluetooth. I have one Bluetooth module and one radio left. The radio has a few scratches in the screen, but its the newest version RCD-510 available. You can buy replacement screens or a digitizer from aliexpress.com. $515 shipped for both items if you want them.

D Darko

Ready to race!
Barry, first of all Happy New Year! Hope you can point me in the right direction. I have a 2010 GTI with dynaudio but no nav. What 9w7 module is the best to upgrade to, and is any vagcom needed or would it be plug and play? I have no intention of upgrading the radio, but want my phone book on the dash display. Also, do you have any available? Thanks!

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I have one 9w7 version D left. It'll add the phonebook to the mfd. You won't have voice recognition with it unless you have an RNS-510. I know the SW and HW version the module has works with voice recognition, but I think it requires SVM at the dealership. You can make the button a mute button though. The module will also display Bluetooth info on the radio screen with version AE or AF radios and allow you to change ones with the steering wheel buttons and radio screen.

KO-R32

You'll need to upgrade your radio and Bluetooth. I have one Bluetooth module and one radio left. The radio has a few scratches in the screen, but its the newest version RCD-510 available. You can buy replacement screens or a digitizer from aliexpress.com. $515 shipped for both items if you want them.

Thanks for the info. Trying hard not to upgrade the radio. . . Not at this time.

steen

Hey Barry,

I'd buy one of these 9w7 units. Heres my car:

2010 VX Sportwagen TDI
RNS 510 vD
1K8 035 730C

This is a plug and play since my existing BT unit is a 9w2 (I have a VAGCOM unit) as far as I understand. Is this correct?

I'm looking to get the full integration via BT from my iPhone4 (phonebook, playlist, voice control). Is the 9w7 unit and a quick poke at the vagcom all I need?

Let when you get another in and ill paypal, express post a cq, send by yak, whatever.

Cheers... Steen.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Ready to race!
I have one version E right now.

i'll buy it if you still have it and if it will work to display phonebook, caller ID, and music metadata in my 2010 GTI (being able to play/pause/next via the steering wheel would be icing on the cake)

(i don't know which version of the radio i have, it has the mute and not the phone buttons on it though if that helps. how does one find out?)

right now i can play music and answer calls with the factory BT module that is in the car.

Last edited:

Deaks2

Ready to race!
i'll buy it if you still have it and if it will work to display phonebook, caller ID, and music metadata in my 2010 GTI (being able to play/pause/next via the steering wheel would be icing on the cake)

(i don't know which version of the radio i have, it has the mute and not the phone buttons on it though if that helps. how does one find out?)

right now i can play music and answer calls with the factory BT module that is in the car.
You need an AE or AF radio for the phonebook, caller id, music metdata and working onscreen and steering wheel controls for BT audio.

Beware, AE radios need to be flashed by a VW dealership to the AF software to have stereo BT audio. The AF radio can be flashed via SD card by the user.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I've had a few AE's that didn't need flashed. I had one in my own VW with a 9w7 that worked great. It's hit or miss. I don't have any Bluetooth modules right now, but I may order some next week. I just have to invest a lot of money into getting them and sit on them until they all sell. Buying 50-100 at a time gets expensive and there isn't much profit in them really. I sell almost all of them on eBay and after fees and shipping I make maybe $15 on each one.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
I've had a few AE's that didn't need flashed. I had one in my own VW with a 9w7 that worked great. It's hit or miss. I don't have any Bluetooth modules right now, but I may order some next week. I just have to invest a lot of money into getting them and sit on them until they all sell. Buying 50-100 at a time gets expensive and there isn't much profit in them really. I sell almost all of them on eBay and after fees and shipping I make maybe $15 on each one.

you do a kind service, sir.... :thumbsup:

Adiliyo

Ready to race!
good to know, I guess I'll just be happy with the way it is for now. Thanks for the info guys!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Hi everyone. New user here. Just traded my 06 GLI in for a 2011 GTI.. I'm trying to get a handle on the bluetooth meta-data, control, and streaming and have a few questions. My apologies since I'm sure they've already been asked- but I'm looking for a fresh perspective based on my own observations..

As I said the car is a 2011 GTI with the P8 headunit. I'm using a Galaxy S3 phone with all my music on it.

Like everyone else I'm desperately trying to get steering wheel control and meta-data display over BT. I'm able to stream just fine, and it sounds great. I do indeed have the 9W7 BT module. I have phonebook, and phone control via MFI and steering wheel controls. My radio however has the mute button- NOT the phone button. I'm not sure what the headunit p/n is. I suppose I could get it scanned to find out.

Is the phone button the make, or break, or is there still hope I could get this to work with my current set-up.

Thanks..