GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC Condenser

soldier0829

Ready to race!
My AC gave out yesterday. I refilled the system with a can of refrigerant and as soon as I did I noticed a hissing sound from the condenser - right in the front, below the grill opening. I looked through the grill and saw the fluid bubbling out. I guess the condenser unit took a hit from a rock or something and broke. At least, that's the way it appears through the bumper. I don't think there are any hoses up there that would leak. Any suggestions on where to source an AC condenser for an '11 (outside of what is probably an overpriced VW parts counter item)? Much appreciated.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
not that expensive..

CONDENSER
Make: Volkswagen | Part#: 1K0820411Q
List Price: $199.00
Your Price: $143.28

soldier0829

Ready to race!
Thank you!

soldier0829

Ready to race!
PM sent

soldier0829

Ready to race!
I understand the installation is similar to installing the IC, but I am a little confused as to how to recharge the system. I've used AC Pro and similar off the shelf recharge cans before - is that all it takes or do I need to use compressor oil, etc? The sytem is drained because of the hole, so if it is a simple case of replacing the condenser and using a can of recharge I think I can handle that on my own. Any guidance is appreciated.