GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Bag light

victor247

Passed Driver's Ed
The car was in an accident and now the air bag light is on. Im sure my belt needs to be reset and the module needs to be cleared of the crash data. My question is, can I clear the crash data with my Vagcom or do i have to send it in to someone? What would be my best option? Thanks guys!

iulianjah

The car was in an accident and now the air bag light is on. Im sure my belt needs to be reset and the module needs to be cleared of the crash data. My question is, can I clear the crash data with my Vagcom or do i have to send it in to someone? What would be my best option? Thanks guys!

You can't clear airbag light. You either replace it or use a crash dummy (something that simulates that everything is ok). If it's seatbelt, you can't dont much just to replace them since they work only manually now.

victor247

Passed Driver's Ed
You can't clear airbag light. You either replace it or use a crash dummy (something that simulates that everything is ok). If it's seatbelt, you can't dont much just to replace them since they work only manually now.

I know for a fact a seatbelt can be reset with purchase of a few parts. And modules get reset all the time.

iulianjah

I know for a fact a seatbelt can be reset with purchase of a few parts. And modules get reset all the time.

I just got a confirmation from an official Skoda service that if you get the airbag light, on the next accident nothing will work. Also I dont think you can reset the airbag control unit. Atleast on these models.

victor247

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got a confirmation from an official Skoda service that if you get the airbag light, on the next accident nothing will work. Also I dont think you can reset the airbag control unit. Atleast on these models.

I just got a quote from Safety Restore to clear the crash data on module for 65 and reset the belt for 50.