GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

air bag recall

cobie56

Ready to race!
hey all. just picking your brains here. the NHSTA has a web site where you can input your VIN number to see about recalls for your vehicle. So, for example, i put in my VIN and no recalls were in existence. But if you go to this site: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...ke=VOLKSWAGEN&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1962092

it has all sorts of takata airbag recall information for various year VWs, including my 2014 GTI.

So, does anyone have the true story to this? I've not had any correspondence from VW about any recalls for my car, yet the NHSTA says that it has one, in general. However, for my specific vin number the NHSTA says no recall. The inconsistency is annoying. Any opinions? thnx.

nomorehonda

Passed Driver's Ed
That's not the Takata recall, that's a recall only to specific 2014 GTI's VIN numbers and covers the clock spring in the steering wheel that supplies power to the air bag due to an assembly error.

cobie56

Ready to race!
That's not the Takata recall, that's a recall only to specific 2014 GTI's VIN numbers and covers the clock spring in the steering wheel that supplies power to the air bag due to an assembly error.

thnx.. good to know.. i just assumed the clock spring and the takata thing were associated somehow.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
We dont have takata airbags if im not mistaken.

cobie56

Ready to race!
list of VWs using takata airbags:

2009-2017 Volkswagen CC
2010-2014 Volkswagen Eos
2010-2014 Volkswagen Golf
2013 Volkswagen Golf R
2009-2013 Volkswagen GTI
2012-2014 Volkswagen Passat
2006-2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan
2006-2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon
Tags:
AUTO RECALLS

AUTO SAFETY

TAKATA

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Interesting so my GTI has a Takata face-bomb. I have not received a recall letter & haven't heard of anyone else receiving one. I have heard about the clock spring program.

cobie56

Ready to race!
Interesting so my GTI has a Takata face-bomb. I have not received a recall letter & haven't heard of anyone else receiving one. I have heard about the clock spring program.

exactly why i posted my first post..... i have a '14 gti and it's not on the list, but is the list correct? who knows?
I agree. vw is negligent in this matter not informing by letter owners of affected vehicles. What's goin' on here, VW?!

cobie56

Ready to race!
My VIN does not show a recall.

Nor does my vin show up as a recall, however, of all the vehicles vw makes using takata bags (see list in prior post) i find it odd no one has received correspondence from vw about these defective bags in their cars

Nowheat

Passed Driver's Ed
I received a letter a while ago from VW for my air bag. Still no fix for it yet.

rc0224

Ready to race!
got the letter awhile ago to, and according to the dealer, they dont have the part for the replacement yet