GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alice the GTD

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
10 May 2014

Ok, so spent another 2 hours and got one of the larger dishes down. Planning to get the last 2 dishes done tomorrow so that they are ready for final light sanding and a good polish.

This dish had quite a few nicks in the outer edge, the guy I got them off just said they were from storage. Got most of them smoothed out, but a few I didn't go too hard on as I would end up leaving dips in the edge. Hopefully you won't notice them too much when they are polished up! And this is my first set of split wheels, and the fact I am fixing them up myself is a shock, so I'm just doing the best I can. Feel free to tell me any tips!

Cheers.

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
11 May 2010

Looking up some colour ideas for the wheels. All very similar, kinda sold on the Lamborghini blue, but that's just because it's Lamborghini blue...

Lamborghini Celeste Cepheus - Code: 0105 BLU CEPHEUS

Porsche Mexico Blue - Code: Porsche 336 - Mexico Blue

Aston Martin Vanquish Blue - Code: AST5083D - Flugplatz Blue

Undecided but sure! Any other colour suggestions fire them at me!

Cheers.

Last edited:

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
16 May 2014

Quick wash, still insanely happy with how clean white can actually look! Also you can see the problem with my tail lights! If anyone knows how to get this back to normal through VCDS please give me a shout! (I don't own VCDS myself so can't look up codes easily!) I had changed the car into North America mode, left it for half an hour and then changed it back and this happened, that's all I know. :mad0259:

Cheers.

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
17 May 2014

Exhaust tips got a quick polish!

Before:

After:

Still need another sanding but that's for the future :eek:

Cheers.

They look way better. I did mine last weekend, did you use Autosol?

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
They look way better. I did mine last weekend, did you use Autosol?

I used Carbon Collective stuff, their Lustre Metal Polish. It's great stuff! They also do a sealant, so next time I'm gonna get all the tiny bits of pitting off too, polish them up and seal them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
I used Carbon Collective stuff, their Lustre Metal Polish. It's great stuff! They also do a sealant, so next time I'm gonna get all the tiny bits of pitting off too, polish them up and seal them.

I will keep an eye out for it:w00t:

DanPonting

Liking the progress with this so far mate!

I have the same rear lights as you but haven't fitted them yet. Have you managed to find a way around the LHD/RHD issue with them?

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Liking the progress with this so far mate!

I have the same rear lights as you but haven't fitted them yet. Have you managed to find a way around the LHD/RHD issue with them?

Cheers man! Nah still haven't found a solution, and haven't been near VCDS in a while to sort out my outer cluster problem! :/

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
26 May 2014

Euro plate delete today, got that horrid thing off my front bumper, only to find that someone has drilled loads of extra holes in my bumper! :mad0259:

Plan is to get all but 2 holes filled (the 2 I need to hold my plate on) or else possibly make/buy a hinge to clip in under the front lip so I can fully smooth my front. Suggestions?

Before:

After:

Still needs a clean under the bracket but will clean it all up next time I clean the car.

Cheers.