GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All these horror stories, now I am hesitant

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
This is my 3rd gti all of which have had APR stage 2 tuning with not a single issue at all. In my signature are my mods and I am planning on stage 2 right away. I keep reading all these misfire, ECU, malfunction horror stories that is making me think otherwise. Do I want to tune my car, well yes, but for the first time is APR not the company. I absolutely love/trust APR, but I'm a little weary this time around. How are YOU doing with upsolute, GIAC with the stage 2 tuning.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
misfires = coilpacks, easy fix.

ECU "maltfunctions" are typically very rare, and usually due to installer error.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Cool packs can go out stock or tuned. Noting to do with tune or tuner.

ECU problems are usually installer error. Again nothing to do with the actual tune.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I love my apr stage II software. I have a slight hesitation at low RPMs and cannot figure it out for the life of me. But hammer down over 3k RPMs and its awesome. Do it.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
remember you may see 10-20 issues here and their on the forums but how many thousands of tunes has APR done? usually the happy people are not that vocal, the people with issues on the other hand well........

Its about attitude too. I knew that you have to pay to play so when I went to stage 2 I knew it was only a mater of time before I needed coils and a clutch, some need them sooner than others.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
I love my apr stage II software. I have a slight hesitation at low RPMs and cannot figure it out for the life of me. But hammer down over 3k RPMs and its awesome. Do it.

do you have an aftermarket intake?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
This is my 3rd gti all of which have had APR stage 2 tuning with not a single issue at all. In my signature are my mods and I am planning on stage 2 right away. I keep reading all these misfire, ECU, malfunction horror stories that is making me think otherwise. Do I want to tune my car, well yes, but for the first time is APR not the company. I absolutely love/trust APR, but I'm a little weary this time around. How are YOU doing with upsolute, GIAC with the stage 2 tuning.

I cannot recall more than one person with Upsolute for the GTI,still they are well known in the Mercedes Benz scene.One good point to consider about GIAC is that it seens to work good with Water Meth applications,if this is something you wanna do in the future.
Welcome again:thumbsup:

McQueen77

Banned
Ive had no problems for almost 20k miles of stage 1, all on original coils and plugs

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
do you have an aftermarket intake?

I think sometimes, I too have a slight hesitation in lower RPM's. I have a Carbonio 1+2. It's been on for quite a while and I just recently noticed occasional hesitation.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
I think sometimes, I too have a slight hesitation in lower RPM's. I have a Carbonio 1+2. It's been on for quite a while and I just recently noticed occasional hesitation.

Could be the classic hesitation then, the diameter of the MAF housing really matters but the Carbonio uses the stock housing.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Very true all these statements guys. Never praise just the pain. I built the car so far to be an awesome daily driver and I think I'll still stay with APR. good thing is I do have a 100% tuner friendly dealership here in milwaukee

McQueen77

Banned
My hesitation went away post intake