GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I going to create an inspection window in my block

BoyRacerMk6

I recently picked up a 13’ r with what I thought was just an intake and exhaust done to it, but it feels like it’s tuned as well. So I got curious and checked the boost through OBDeleven. 3rd gear peaked 2800mbar and held around 2500-2700mbar. Is that too much for a car with just an intake and cbe? Hpfp looks oem. I beat the crap out of this car every time I drive it so I just want to make sure it’s safe.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I'd say it's tuned. 2800mb is around 25.5psi. You can convert mbar to psi then subtract atmospheric pressure which is around 14.5 psi near sea level.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Sounds tuned I agree, run the VIN with the big tuners (APR, Uni, IE) and see if they have a record. The HPFP could have just had upgraded internals installed.

As for beating the hell out of it and being safe, those both seem to be mutually exclusive and nothing to do with being tuned. lol

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I recently picked up a 13’ r with what I thought was just an intake and exhaust done to it, but it feels like it’s tuned as well. So I got curious and checked the boost through OBDeleven. 3rd gear peaked 2800mbar and held around 2500-2700mbar. Is that too much for a car with just an intake and cbe? Hpfp looks oem. I beat the crap out of this car every time I drive it so I just want to make sure it’s safe.

Youre fine homie. Enjoy the car ;)

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
That's about a stage 1 tune. The data log reads total pressure, so you need to subract 1 bar for atmospheric pressure, and that gives you total boost. So you're peaking at 1.8 bar and tapering to 1.5. 1 bar is 14.7psi, so multiply by that to get a peak of 26psi that tapers to 22, which sounds like stage 1.