GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Announcement: Kit For Leveling HID Replica Headlights Coming Soon

whackit

I think you need to provide a little more info on what you are selling. Generally in the mod community if it uses all OEM parts, someone releases a DIY and then offers a kit for the people that are not so inclined to do it themselves (which is usually the majority). If it is just a leveling switch and some harnesses with a few resistors then I think your price is a bit steep but for all I know you had to come up with something a little more advanced. Rest assured that there are not 100s of people out there who are going to 'steal' your idea. Have you proven it on vehicles other than yours? It's not like you are going to make millions selling leveling kits for aftermarket VW headlights. That said, we all respect an individuals hard work and would want to reward them. I just think you should be a little more transparent about what you are selling and how you achieved your result.

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
Fair enough. What I would provide in a kit includes the following:

(2) Prewired adapters compatible with all MK6 Golfs from the car's headlight out connector into the headlight in connector on Ed's headlights. These will have wires connected to them that need run through the firewall and to the included dimmer/leveling switch. The wires will also have the correct terminals on them to insert into the existing dimmer harness.

I hope this sounds easy to you because my goal is to make it easy. The devil is in the details that I have already sorted out. About half of the cost is in material. The rest is a fair rate for my labor and recouping my initial investment. I am very sure that there is no off the shelf part that will work. It is a combination of the correct components which I manually configure in a very specific way. Several guys have tried working on this in the past year and, as far as I know, I'm the only one who has succeeded. I sat around for almost a year hoping someone else would put the work in so I could buy this but when it didn't happen, I invested a large amount of time and spent probably about $500 to do it myself. I have met phd-12v before and would be happy to meet with him again for 3rd party review if it comes to that.

I am confident that all models of MK6 golfs will work because of the testing I did with various codings on my TDI. I can make my CECM work like a GTI or like a Golf. I should mention that this is only for MK6 Golfs or GTI that originally had halogen headlights.

Any more questions?

I think you need to provide a little more info on what you are selling. Generally in the mod community if it uses all OEM parts, someone releases a DIY and then offers a kit for the people that are not so inclined to do it themselves (which is usually the majority). If it is just a leveling switch and some harnesses with a few resistors then I think your price is a bit steep but for all I know you had to come up with something a little more advanced. Rest assured that there are not 100s of people out there who are going to 'steal' your idea. Have you proven it on vehicles other than yours? It's not like you are going to make millions selling leveling kits for aftermarket VW headlights. That said, we all respect an individuals hard work and would want to reward them. I just think you should be a little more transparent about what you are selling and how you achieved your result.

toma.KBRN

Passed Driver's Ed

^This>!!!

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
Once I hear back from the forum admins, I will post a way for you to place an order.

Thank you for you interest and enthusiasm.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Count me in

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you guys have more interest in buying everything from me all inclusive or having a more involved installation and getting a buying guide and installation instructions?

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys have more interest in buying everything from me all inclusive or having a more involved installation and getting a buying guide and installation instructions?

All inclusive for me

allset

Go Kart Champion
cant....stop.....spending..........on ...CAR!!!

allset

Go Kart Champion

i already have the rheo as i was going to futz around with this but ive had bigger issue with this car to deal with over the past year

i hope u can do partial packages.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
for those that think it is a couple resistors and some wire, it isnt.

that i can tell you right now. I was trying to find the coding to allow the original cecm to facilitate it (i have complete can network sniffing capabilities here) and i just couldnt make it so that anyone could do it. Could i get things to move?? yes i could, but i was doing in a way that wouldnt have made sense for everyone.

I dont see the issue with the 285 price at all.............. the motors are there YES, but getting them to move and do what they are supposed to do is a whole other ball game. I highly doubt he is trying to get rich off it. i would say the opposite really. Im sure his R&D time if you were to break it down (lets say 30 dollars an hour as an example for it) im willing to bet he has about 70-90 hours into it, and then testing time.............. do the math. He is technically losing money in the end only to help others achieve something. Thats my thoughts on this. Not saying that others thoughts being too high is wrong, just when i work in R&D and Technical support, i know the costs associated with these types of things.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
This is interesting. Might be in

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
An update for everyone: I sent another PM, this time to the other administrator to get set up to sell on this forum.

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm still communicating with the administrators to figure out how this should fit into the classifieds. Sorry for the delay. Hopefully this is wrapped up soon.