GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another car stereo post (apologies)

Adadcar

Afternoon all.
Firstly apologies for another post, I never really get my answer. Trust me I've hunted. So a worthy post. Thanks in advance for your response.

I have a 2011 vw golf, not sure what model radio it does have BT, touch screen but no nav.
16452852600126508082230551173339.jpg

1, don't really want to spend any more than £200.
2, don't necessarily need oe. As I'll be putting a sub in, I know oe stereos outputs are pretty poor.
3, android auto is a must. Question. Do I have to connect android auto with a lead.

Ideally all I want is, a head unit, with all of the above, what have people tried and tested.

Thanks.

Also can anyone point in the right direction about those amp racks.

✌🏼

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I have purchased and RCD330+ to replace what looks to be same headunit you have. It is the price you are looking at but it is a factory radio which makes it much more plug and play and easy fit. I am also adding a rear view camera to my MK6R, they sell a factory type for much less money (100 pounds) and reviews have been good. I wanted the 330 so I could use my phone for GPS, and Carplay. Also support Android Auto.

This was the ebay link I used to by and seller was great. https://www.ebay.com/itm/185022485315

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Check out crutchfield.com they make it really easy to sort by what features you want, and your budget. An aftermarket stereo is going to give you the best performance, but if you aren't planning on going too far down the car audio rabbit hole, then the one linked above will do the trick, and will match the aesthetic best.

There are both wired, and wireless aftermarket android auto head units. Wireless is super nice, but you'll need to spend more because that feature is typically only available on the higher models.