GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another K04 owner parting out!

TheCastle

Ready to race!
All,

I've got a few parts left from my K04 build that I haven't been able to sell locally yet. Price DROPS!

1) Authentic VAG COM (Ross Tech) Cable $200 + shipping - SOLD
2) Stock Throttle Body and Turbo Outlet pipes - $10 each + shipping
3) Performance by IE Valve Spring Kit (for weak valve springs, new) $400 shipped - SOLD
4) Stock intake / air-box $30 + shipping - SOLD
5) Performance by IE valve stem seals $10+shipping (new)
6) Carbonio Air Filter $20 + shipping
7) 5 quarts of Mobile 1 0-40 European formula, OEM oil filter and drain plug, $25 + shipping (if we can ship motor oil) - SOLD!
8) OEM IHI Tubo $180 (20K miles) in mint condition, pulled off in working condition when engine was upgraded to K04 - SOLD
9) 5 Quarts VAG coolant ($30) + shipping
10) Unused carpet OEM GTI floor mats, $25 + shipping

There are probably some other stock parts/things I've forgotten. Ask me if you need them it may jog my memory.

Car is already sold, so no parts out from there!

PM/E-mail me your offers
colincassells@hotmail.com

Last edited:

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Filter was used 1x with 17K miles on it. It can be cleaned of course, its re-usable. I had 2 filters and this one was my spare.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Car is already sold! It went to LeSueur in Phoenix AZ. I got a reasonable price on the car and sold it with MODs. In fact the car sat on the lot for about 1 week and sold.

Yeah, this GTI was my 3rd VW, and I had the GTI since 2010. Loved the Car and really enjoyed modding it and driving it and have been K04 since October 2012 when I had the turbo installed at the APR BBQ. Great Car, but I was ready to move on and start my next project.

So I purchased something totally different and went to a 2011 BMW 335d that I picked up in Phoenix AZ with 29K miles, sports package, nav, cold weather, harmon kardon. Already modding this one. I wanted a car that got great fuel mileage and had good power! P.S. with just a tune box, you can have a 335D at 310WHP/480WTQ. So not bad for $175 mod if you can find one used :)

I thought about a Mk7 GTI, but thought it was time for a change.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Not sure I could do a diesel myself. I'd go the opposite direction and find a nice NA V8. What a shitton of torque though.

mattchow

Ready to race!
i've been thinking of selling my k04 GTI as well, care to share what mods were on the car and how much you sold for? pm if necessary!

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Not sure I could do a diesel myself. I'd go the opposite direction and find a nice NA V8. What a shitton of torque though.

What cars are you looking at"?

I'll say this much a diesel is a very different beast and tunning it is very different than a gasoline engine. Gas engines are all about getting more air into the engine so you can burn more fuel. Diesels are to a point all about getting more fuel into the engine as they aren't as sensitive to a/f raitios.

I'd love a v8 myself, it's amazing how instant performance can transform the driving experience. Plus rear wheel drive. My diesel may not have the wheel hp of a top running k04, but to 60 maybe 80 it will when every time because of rear wheel drive.

Last edited:

TheCastle

Ready to race!
i've been thinking of selling my k04 GTI as well, care to share what mods were on the car and how much you sold for? pm if necessary!

Here is what I would tell you. Performance mods make no difference to a dealer, and visual mods lower the trade in price. If you want to try and recoup some of the money you spent on mods sell them as a part out.

Finsding someone who will pay for a modded car through a private sale is iffy and your not guaranteed to do a whole lot better than a dealer trade in. Most will try to low ball.

So part it out. Or be willing to trade it in at a loss. Depends on how much effort you want to put in to selling. Removing an IC is a lot of work, and so is a turbo.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
So, you took out the IE valve springs and retainers or never installed them? If used, how many miles on them? I'm interested...

sent from my SGN4

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Thanks again

sent from my SGN4

jedred1

jedred1
what type/series exactly is the Ross Tech cable?