GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another new CS GTI in sydney

tippah1

Ready to race!
Just ordered a CS 4 door,DSG,Leather,18s,Sunroof,Bi-Xenons,Sat Nav with reverse camera from BARLOWORLD in Mascott.

The salesman couldn't be nicer and friendly, PETER LEE. I spose it was easy money for them!!Was a great help and gave me what i think is a pretty good deal. I should see it end of march!!

I also went to Sutherland but their price was 2200 more!!

I came from a 08 BMP GTI 4 door dsg leather sunroof Bi Xenons but it got stolen over christmas house broken into so QBE insurance are giving me new for old replacement.

Ekliptix

Great to hear the insurance sorted you out with a new car. What's your estimated delivery date?

Any reason you're going with the Revo over APR? I didn't know the Revo tune was so much cheaper, also seems to put out about another 10 KW at the wheels over the APR one. Something to consider for when mine arrives...

tippah1

Ready to race!
i had a revo stage 2 tune before on the mk5 from peak rpm. I also got the controller box which makes u able to switch tunes while driving and it also has a anti steal feature on it which i should of used. The car will start but as soon as you touch the gas pedal the car dies. There is also a valet mode which will not let the car rev past 3 or 4 thousand i cant remember.
i think that price doesnt include gst so it might make it $1210 but it was so good. And it takes all of a half hour for it to be installed on your ECU

Date of arrival is late march.

paulcito

I originally ordered a CS last Nov with similar specs.
However it was going to arrive late Apr.
Couldn't wait so the dealer managed to swap a TR instead with same specs.
Arriving early March.

Not sure if there is a problem with Sat Nav. Mate of mine said that his blacks out around Alexandria and Harbour Bridge and he has to reset. Took it back to Dealer several times but no fix.

tippah1

Ready to race!
oh ok i have never has sat nav before so guess il see how it goes. I just rang vw again and there is a few coming with the same specs as mine.........I could not buy a red car!!

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Almost ordered a red GTI; conservative side got the better of me. I was told by Beamm @ McGraths Sutherland VW that regardless if I ordered in Nov-Dec 09 or Jan 10, the new GTI would arrive the same time ... March 2010 most probably. Looks like VW are doing a batch this week (week 6) for delivery in Aus. Not sure if I go to the end of the que with addition of Bi-Xenons, hopefully not as vehicle has not hit product line yet.

Cheers.
WJ

elisiX

Sounds like we have similar spec vehicles Tippah.

I may be switching mine to the R though - just waiting on pricing.

My car is supposed to arrive March/April and I ordered in Dec.

defaultx

Congrats on the GTI mate!

I've got my GTI coming hopefully in mid-late March. I went to Mascot Barloworld and was served by Loreli and she was useless - didn't want a bar of me and told me to be more realistic in my car choice - this is probably because I'm 23 and she found it hard to believe I could afford to get into a GTI.

Sutherland were great service, dealt with Clinton there and nothing was too much to ask. In the end they missed out of the deal though because Barloworld Five Dock beat them by $2,500 and Sutherland wouldn't move. Can't wait to take delivery of my new baby. I was lucky because they told me there is one on the boat on its way in spec'ed exactly how I wanted + reverse cam which is a neither here nor there type of option.

tippah1

Ready to race!
Well guys my car is here!! ready for pick up next week!! But as life dictates im away with work till early may so the car will be sitting at the vw shop for another month, but atleast its here.

xenon

Ready to race!
Congrats... BUT...

Barloworld Mascott SUCKS!!! Never dealing with them again. Biggest Bull Shit Artists in the World!!!

I did a deal with them and have it in writing but they gave me the worst run around and kept on delaying me (three weeks on the last black R32) until they found someone else that would pay more and sold it to them.

So, instead I bought my MK6 GTI from John Hughes in Perth (best dealership and friendliest, no bull-shit) and put an order on the R fully spec'd as well arriving in July. Bought a Jetta for my mum as well.

That's THREE sales that the idiots lost out on.

Management at Barloworld is piss poor!!! Stay away because when you really need something, they wont be there, I promise!

Last edited:

xenon

Ready to race!
Tippah, Good luck. Hope you don't get the run around I got.

...but tell them I think they suck at Barloworld!!! especially that idiot Olly...