GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any better alternatives to ECS smoked side markers?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
After a few years with the ECS smoked side markers the bulbs burned out didn't even noticed till today and no bulb out light which is weird. And the part on the inside is cracked so I'm not able to secure the base of the bulb to the side marker housing. Pretty much disintegrated... Looking for something similar to OEM but smoked. Want a quick fix no painting or plasti-dip etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I bought smoked side markers from a different vendor and had similar issues in that both bulbs burned out. Seems like the connectors don't seal right as the bulb harnesses were corroded as well :( I had to sand and clean the terminals on the harnesses. I ended up re-assembling them electric grease and new LED bulbs. They work fine now and hope the electric grease will slow down any more corrosion.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
[emoji849]

Could have read the thread posts wrong - we were going by the last line of this post below and thought having a lifetime warranty on LEDs that fail would be a good thing :)

We apologize if our post did not help, best of luck on your search.

I bought smoked side markers from a different vendor and had similar issues in that both bulbs burned out. Seems like the connectors don't seal right as the bulb harnesses were corroded as well :( I had to sand and clean the terminals on the harnesses. I ended up re-assembling them electric grease and new LED bulbs. They work fine now and hope the electric grease will slow down any more corrosion.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Could have read the thread posts wrong - we were going by the last line of this post below and thought having a lifetime warranty on LEDs that fail would be a good thing :)

We apologize if our post did not help, best of luck on your search.

lol no worries i'm looking more for the housing than anything else.

You guys sell the smoked out side marker housing?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
After a few years with the ECS smoked side markers the bulbs burned out didn't even noticed till today and no bulb out light which is weird. And the part on the inside is cracked so I'm not able to secure the base of the bulb to the side marker housing. Pretty much disintegrated...

Why are you looking anywhere but ECS Tuning?
With a lifetime warranty, this is the last set of markers you'll need.
I had a clear one that was getting water in the housing. I sent ECS Tuning 2 pics showing the issue and had a new set of them within 3 days... :thumbsup:

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Why are you looking anywhere but ECS Tuning?

I had a clear one that was getting water in the housing. I sent ECS Tuning 2 pics showing the issue and had a new set of them within 3 days... :thumbsup:

I bought mine at ECS tuning so you telling me that they will still replace them? [emoji848]

edit: just went to their page and yes i just read the lifetime warranty on the markers! thanks

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

riceburner

Autocross Champion
It seems like there are two options in this market - some clear markers or super dark, non glossy markers? Id like to find a set of lightly tinted glossy markers. Lol

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
side marker

I just cut a piece of window tint & stuck it over the side marker :)

Attachments

• IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 247

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Well since this thread got late bumped by our advertisers [emoji849] I got the issues resolved by ECS tuning they replaced the whole kit with bulbs and everything. Made me happy that it was a hassle free process. Thumbs up to them for making it easy and shipped quick. [emoji1303][emoji1303]