GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Surfers??

BOz

Keep right except to pass
I was wondering if there are any surfers on the forums. I know alot of you guys are from socal and other places with sick breaks. I'm here in S.florida. Waves pretty much suck most of the time here in miami, but occationally I'll cruise north where the bahamas arent blocking all the action.
I just ordered a new board from a local shaper C-Shapes. Im pretty stoked. I'll post some pics as it gets closer to being finished. Its going to be a totally custom board shaped for small S.Florida waves. 8'0 mini longboard.

Anyone else surf? What do you ride? Pics of local beach break.. :thumbsup:

I used to surf quite a bit, but recently I've been busy with school so I don't get in the water quite so often. I also bodyboard and I recently tried kite surfing with my uncle. I think surfing is still my favorite thing to do in the water. Maybe if i get out to the beach during my springbreak I'll throw up some pics.

Another use-to-surf dude. I was born and raised in socal now live in NJ, yeah I know. I surfed in the early 80's as a teenager with the hideous neon board colors. Stopped for a while, got back into in my late 20's in the early/mid 90's up until my business took off in 1999-2000. Used to go almost everyday was a complete surf bum. Surfed all over from La Jolla to Rincon. Mostly Malibu 3rd point in the summer to Countyline in the winter.

My favorite board was a 6' Rusty ultralite thruster. Also had 2 boards from a local shaper which were epoxy 8' funboard and 5'10" twinser, a 5'10" horizons west local shop in Venice, 5'9" Sypder frog board.

Seems like another life. I miss the carefree lifestyle, women, friends, and fit body I had. Here's a pic at El Porto a shitting beach break near Hermosa Beach.

Attachments

• elporto.jpg
    elporto.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 205

BOz

^^ Sick pic dude!! :thumbsup:

Man I wish I lived were there are waves.

UnNatural GTI

UnNaturally Aspirated
I used to surf, a lot. Not so much any more. No one to go with. No extra time. A lot of excuses that I really should ignore. Lately I've been wanting to go out, I just can't find the free time. Anyways, gear... I've got 2 Jed Knoll's one is a 9'2 longboard, Custom shaped, tri-fin. Heavy rails, very turnable. the other is a 6'2, my brother in law got it for his birthday, never rode it, so I acquired it. I've got 2 other boards. Ones a 7'6 and the other is an 8' something. They were given to me by the guy who lived in my old house before me... It was odd. The water in Santa Cruz, has been looking good lately. All this talk of surfing may have given me the push I need. Awesome!

BOz

Dude go hit that shit up!! Sounds like you got a nice quiver of boards. Maybe you'll meet some cool people when you padde out!

UnNatural GTI

UnNaturally Aspirated
Hate to revive an old thread, but since my last post in this thread, I started surfing again. About 1-3 times a week, for the last 2 months. Man, I'm having such a great time.

Thanks.

Hey unatural being in Santa Cruz, have you ever surfed Steamers Lane?

Uhm, no. I surf a longboard, and Steamers is pretty much a short board wave. Sometimes the old guys can paddle in. But unless you have balls of steel and carry a knife, I'd stay off Steamers. The locals (of which I am one, but don't care) are very protective of their wave. But I DO surf the same wave, its just the next cove down from there. Its called Cowell's. Slow and consistent. Longboarders dream.

bovice

Banned
im a surfer. i surf huntington beach and trestles. my friend and i are planning a surfing trip this summer starting at rincon, working our way south. stoked for that.