GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Utahns?

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!
No, I actually work downtown at pictureline (pictureline.com). I haven't done a whole lot to my car. Mainly cosmetic mods for now but planning on an APR tune soon. Maybe vwr springs. Also, I think the gloss black powder coat would look sick on your R. I love your RB color with black wheels. You could try the plasti dip first if you were unsure. Then gloss black vinyl roof wrap to match your mirrors and wheels. :thumbup:

Nice! A girl I dated loves pictureline and always spoke very highly of you guys haha.

Thanks for the nice comments! The Blue has grown on me. I like it a lot now although sometimes I miss my tornado red on my GTI.

Maybe I'll play around with my wheels soon, I already have aftermarket wheels for summer in gunmetal grey and I don't think we'll get much more snow so I can take them to a shop and get them done right.

I would highly suggest the stage I tune with APR. It really livens up the car and gives you that extra bit that VW should have.

I've been thinking a lot about getting VWR springs myself. I've read great things about them and they make the car look a whole lot better IMO.

And black vinyl on the roof huh? Haven't seen that one on a Golf R yet, but I always did like the white M3 with a carbon fiber roof.

Looks good. I did the same up front. Here's what I did in back. View attachment 30635

And I'm definitely doing this mod now. Super clean. I always kinda thought the chrome looked a little tacky with all my glossy black accents.

Thomason84

Ready to race!
slcGTIm6, I agree with spkr's comment about the APR stage 1. It is a huge improvement over stock. I promise you that the stage 1 software is a much better purchase (for the money) than the springs. But, no matter what, once you start modding you won't be able to stop.

PCDT99

Banned
No sub, go for the APR Carbonio intake while it is on sale! Subs will always be there lol. Besides, you will love the tunes coming from your intake more than you will your stereo. If you would like a real-life viewing I can show you.

That intake is super over priced, but I have to give it to them is damn sexy

PCDT99

Banned
slcGTIm6, I agree with spkr's comment about the APR stage 1. It is a huge improvement over stock. I promise you that the stage 1 software is a much better purchase (for the money) than the springs. But, no matter what, once you start modding you won't be able to stop.

Quoted for truth haha

Thomason84

Ready to race!

Overpriced, sure. However, I love the unique sound it makes and the way it gets its air. With the windows down it sound like Darth Vader is taking a deep breath and then quickly exhaling every time you spool the turbo and shift.

slcgtimk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I will go out to Larry miller to get stage 1 done. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Better book that appointment while the sales going! The springs would be later on. Maybe this summer. Can't do too much at once to keep the wife happy. She doesn't understand. Haha but here's a pic of yeahbaby's car to give you an idea of the vinyl roof on a blue golf. I'd keep the spoiler blue though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364567513.773295.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364567524.272729.jpg

slcgtimk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Overpriced, sure. However, I love the unique sound it makes and the way it gets its air. With the windows down it sound like Darth Vader is taking a deep breath and then quickly exhaling every time you spool the turbo and shift.

Did you find it gave you a noticeable increase in power? I've heard there's less turbo lag and helps a little on the top end.

Thomason84

Ready to race!
Did you find it gave you a noticeable increase in power? I've heard there's less turbo lag and helps a little on the top end.

It definately helped on the top end and the butt dyno showed that there was a slight increase in power. My gas mileage has gone up too!

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!
Yeah, you definitely can tell the engine is more torquey and pulls harder throughout the powerband. With how easy the upgrade is, it just makes you want more! Lol

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!
Yeah, I will go out to Larry miller to get stage 1 done. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Better book that appointment while the sales going! The springs would be later on. Maybe this summer. Can't do too much at once to keep the wife happy. She doesn't understand. Haha but here's a pic of yeahbaby's car to give you an idea of the vinyl roof on a blue golf. I'd keep the spoiler blue though. View attachment 30685View attachment 30686

Hmmm interesting mod. It definitely brings out the lines of the car a little more I think, and yes I would definitely have left the rear spoiler blue.

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!

It may be overpriced as there's not much to it and it's still a paper filter as opposed to say VWR's superior foam filter. But price compared to other intakes I've looked at is quite good especially when it's on sale.

Thomason84

Ready to race!
It may be overpriced as there's not much to it and it's still a paper filter as opposed to say VWR's superior foam filter. But price compared to other intakes I've looked at is quite good especially when it's on sale.

The filter that came with mine is a cleanable/reusable foam filter (similar to K&N)

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!
K&N filters are oiled paper or cotton based filters. (Pretty sure most are anyway)

But on a second look it does look like apr's intake uses a foam filter. This is awesome because foam filters are far superior for flow than cotton ones.

Last edited:

Thomason84

Ready to race!
Speaking of filters, if someone near the salt lake area wants a drop in high flow Pro 5 R filter (bought from ECS tuning one month ago for $43) you can have it for 20 bucks. Or if you come pick it up in Ogden, you can have it for ten. I maybe drove 500 miles with it before I bought my Carbonio.

NKQ5

Ready to race!
Yeah, I will go out to Larry miller to get stage 1 done. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Better book that appointment while the sales going! The springs would be later on. Maybe this summer. Can't do too much at once to keep the wife happy. She doesn't understand. Haha but here's a pic of yeahbaby's car to give you an idea of the vinyl roof on a blue golf. I'd keep the spoiler blue though. View attachment 30685View attachment 30686

Where did you get your roof wrapped at?