GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody measured 0-60 and 1/4 mile performances after APR Stage I upgrade on GTI MK6?

denisGTI

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

Can anybody compare 0-60 and 1/4 mile performances on GTI Mk6 before and after APR stage I upgrade?

APR website does talk about HPs and TQ but I am curios how that translates in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 mile race.

Also, what are other things that would be noticeable during actual driving after the APR Stage I upgrade.

Thank you,
DenisGTI

Last edited:

denisGTI

Ready to race!
Yep, I'm in O-town too. :)

I am planning to chip mine as soon as the next sale event occurs at APR. You can save around $200 for all those extra features that are nice to have.

For now, I am collecting info to make sure I'll not regret it. :)

Cheers,
Denis

denisGTI

Ready to race!
How much do they charge for the installation in MTL?

Cheers,
Denis

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hi guys,

Can anybody compare 0-60 and 1/4 mile performances on GTI Mk6 before and after APR stage I upgrade?

Check out the end of this video (2:02: for a side by side comparison of a DSG Stock GTI vs a 6MT GTI with our exhaust and ECU.

Pretty big difference!

Also, what are other things that would be noticeable during actual driving after the APR Stage I upgrade.

Thank you,
DenisGTI

Beyond being safe and creating more power one of APR's biggest goals is to make the car drive just like it did from the factory which means we only change the performance aspects and we don't change things like throttle tip in which which can make the car feel wavy. Essentially the car will feel faster but it will feel like it was intended to drive this way. You'll feel an increase in torque, throttle response will be quicker, boost will build quickly and transition smoothly. It's a whole new car from a performance aspect and the same car you bought before from a drivability standpoint. :)

Jhover

Ready to race!
How much do they charge for the installation in MTL?

Cheers,
Denis

They charged me $550. It was done while I waited. Good bunch of guys. I wanted to go apr but the dealer in Ottawa was too busy at the time and did not seem too interested in the job.

denisGTI

Ready to race!
$550 on top of the $599 for parts / programming from APR?!
Hmmmm... they seems to be bit pricey if they charge $550 only for labor.

Here in Ottawa, APR dealer takes 2 hours to install it, which comes to around $200 ($96/hr).

D.

Jhover

Ready to race!
$550 on top of the $599 for parts / programming from APR?!
Hmmmm... they seems to be bit pricey if they charge $550 only for labor.

Here in Ottawa, APR dealer takes 2 hours to install it, which comes to around $200 ($96/hr).

D.

No it was 550 total, programming and install.

denisGTI

Ready to race!
Then that's a great deal! Good for you.
I guess you did it when APR was charging less for the program.
Now, the cost of the program itself is $599.

Cheers,
Denis

zee

Go Kart Champion
Then that's a great deal! Good for you.
I guess you did it when APR was charging less for the program.
Now, the cost of the program itself is $599.

Cheers,
Denis

Unitronic and APR are two different tuning companies. Jhover is referring to Unitronic.

denisGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for clarification Bubuski.
I thought "Unitronic" was just a name of a local car mechanic. Now I understand why the price was different.
Cheers,
Denis

Swhine

Wow 0-60 in 5.17

About 6 weeks ago I got APR stage 2 (plus KW variant 1 and APR rear sway - but that's not the point). Yesterday I also got my P3Cars digital gauge... I found a flat piece of road and in DSG manual using launch mode the P3Car gauge auto 0-60 read '5.17'. Woohoo... This was the first time I really ran it and know I can do better... I shifted to 2nd at 6700, and 3rd at 6200, but am not sure exactly when I passed 60.

Next stop, under 5...:thumbup:

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
About 6 weeks ago I got APR stage 2 (plus KW variant 1 and APR rear sway - but that's not the point). Yesterday I also got my P3Cars digital gauge... I found a flat piece of road and in DSG manual using launch mode the P3Car gauge auto 0-60 read '5.17'. Woohoo... This was the first time I really ran it and know I can do better... I shifted to 2nd at 6700, and 3rd at 6200, but am not sure exactly when I passed 60.

Next stop, under 5...:thumbup:

Specs? Tires? Mounts? IAT? Ambient Temps? Timing?

BOOGATA

Ready to race!

not bad! :thumbup: I have the p3cars gauge too. I was just messing around with mine a while back and got ~6s without launching hard or revving it too high (6MT). I'm stage 1.