GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

GTIWolfsburg

Passed Driver's Ed
Steve's European in Waterford

after paying $486 for r8 coils and spark plugs $486 includes diagnostic scan I'll pass on Steves.

@ DASVDUB I'll admit they have good customer service but that price, I'd rather have my turbo in my house until i can sell it, than get gouged again lol.

@brobst i've spoken to vast, i think they quoted me like 1,100-1,200 which isn't bad

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
after paying $486 for r8 coils and spark plugs $486 includes diagnostic scan I'll pass on Steves.

@ DASVDUB I'll admit they have good customer service but that price, I'd rather have my turbo in my house until i can sell it, than get gouged again lol.

@brobst i've spoken to vast, i think they quoted me like 1,100-1,200 which isn't bad

Holy hell I can't even believe that. It's 120 in parts and maybe 20 min labor. You got ripped really bad.

Take a drive to Chicago I'll install your turbo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Holy hell I can't even believe that. It's 120 in parts and maybe 20 min labor. You got ripped really bad.

Even though jay745 is holding an odd grudge against me ill have to agree with him that you paid about 6x what you shouldve. Go to him for install. :thumbsup:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Literally this. You could’ve done that install yourself lol. 1/10 difficulty. They’ve installed my exhaust and done my tunes. Other than that I’ve called and they’ve given me fair prices when I ask for things to be installed.

Highly recommend a drive to Chicago to see Jay. He does it for fair prices and does great work. Tons of different cars he and his friend work on. Top notch quality [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Oh ok. I knew it was doable but I thought y'all were trolling.
Yeah its amazing how much places charge for spark plugs install.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Oh ok. I knew it was doable but I thought y'all were trolling.
Yeah its amazing how much places charge for spark plugs install.

It's a common theme with Euro shops. Last weekend we had a car towed over from some specialty euro shop that wanted to charge the guy $1600 to replace a thermostat in a mk6 golf 2.5l. Gotta remove the manifold and that's about it. Charged him $250 and the guy couldn't have been happier.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
It's a common theme with Euro shops. Last weekend we had a car towed over from some specialty euro shop that wanted to charge the guy $1600 to replace a thermostat in a mk6 golf 2.5l. Gotta remove the manifold and that's about it. Charged him $250 and the guy couldn't have been happier.

Dang. Like the dealership that wanted like $4000 to replace my tensioner

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Lol huh?? Who's holding a grudge and for what?
youre mat at me for some reason :iono:
He’s talking about the R8 coils and the spark plugs.
we did this for bobloblaws in a parking lot in 15 mins
dang wow
Dang. Like the dealership that wanted like $4000 to replace my tensioner
wow