GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have a Haldex controller on their R yet?

ian dummy

Ready to race!
I've got an appointment to have the gen4 Haldex controller installed next Friday up at HPA motorsports in Vancouver, BC. I'm also going to go stage I on Wednesday so we'll see how it goes...

I'll definitely post a review and pics when I get it done. Going to see if they'll let me time lapse the install. They're also going to give me a tour of their facility while there and they supposedly just took delivery of a brand new Scirocco. Should be interesting...

krische

vdubber in training
I've got an appointment to have the gen4 Haldex controller installed next Friday up at HPA motorsports in Vancouver, BC. I'm also going to go stage I on Wednesday so we'll see how it goes...

I'll definitely post a review and pics when I get it done. Going to see if they'll let me time lapse the install. They're also going to give me a tour of their facility while there and they supposedly just took delivery of a brand new Scirocco. Should be interesting...

What's the purpose of the controller? Because I thought the AWD system in the Golf R was improved and didn't have the lag issues of the MKV R32?

ian dummy

Ready to race!
What's the purpose of the controller? Because I thought the AWD system in the Golf R was improved and didn't have the lag issues of the MKV R32?

it allows for switching between stock, RACE, and ECO modes. RACE mode is a faster reaction and allows for greater rear-wheel bias of the AWD system while the ECO mode basically turns your R into a FWD car until it detects slippage and then engages AWD so you can get higher MPG when commuting/freeway driving.

you can read more about it here

TEFF

godfather
I have the Gen4 Haldex Controller, on road you won't feel much thing, but on a track yes

HPA Motorsports 1

it allows for switching between stock, RACE, and ECO modes. RACE mode is a faster reaction and allows for greater rear-wheel bias of the AWD system while the ECO mode basically turns your R into a FWD car until it detects slippage and then engages AWD so you can get higher MPG when commuting/freeway driving.

you can read more about it here

Looking forward to having your R at the company. I will load it onto the Superflow and run it pre Haldex and Post Haldex to capture the behavior under road load acceleration.

ian dummy

Ready to race!
Looking forward to having your R at the company. I will load it onto the Superflow and run it pre Haldex and Post Haldex to capture the behavior under road load acceleration.

can't wait! Darryl told you i was stage 1 already, though, right?

i'm really excited. i'll bring my GoPro cameras along, too so we can get footage of the dyno runs and all. :w00t:

HPA Motorsports 1

:
can't wait! Darryl told you i was stage 1 already, though, right?

i'm really excited. i'll bring my GoPro cameras along, too so we can get footage of the dyno runs and all. :w00t:

You bet, will be also a great opportunity for you to see what Stage 1 gets you in the real World.

:thumbsup:

HPA Motorsports 1

Ian,

Thanks for making your way North!

Was a great opportunity to showcase the OEM Haldex performance vs the Upgraded controller. The gen 4 from factory is a huge leap forward as the dyno captures will show, but the improvements make this platform a true contender!

Looking forward to sneaking our big DP onto your car when watchful eyes are looking elsewhere :)

APR Stage 1 Wheel and then Crank

OEM Gen 4 controller

Upgrade controller. nearly 27crank HP pushed onto the rear wheels under load in low RPM….how does she feel???