GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have any issues with these Paddle shifters?

geckos1218

http://www.s2tpp.com/VW.html

Im worried about the spacing between the paddles and the stalks

Also the price is a bit much....
hopefully instalation isnt to bad
I have bad luck with doing things myself....

Pouring a bowl of cereal and it combusting into flames comes to mind (lol)

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Those look nice! :wub::drool::thumbsup::word:

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
there was a GB on them awhile back and a good number of forum members got it. iirc, moderator, gunkata got one for his a3. i'm sure members will chime in soon

JhnR

Banned
Check out the deAutoKey paddle shifters, they are great and cheaper

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
I have those. They're very nice. It does reduce the room between your fingers and the stalks, but I've never had a problem with accidently hitting any of them.

I like them because they're not stick-on, they look like they belong in the car, and at the time they were the only folks making actual bolt-on paddles.

Double Apex makes a nice looking set that's a little cheaper and they're bolt-on.

EDIT: Installation isn't too hard. Getting the steering wheel off can be a pain, but the rest was relatively easy.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
S2T Paddles are awesome; had them in my R32 and loved them. Totally worth the cost for the quality.

E-mail the company and see if you can set up another group buy; they are usually happy to do so.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
These appear to be actual metal replacements versus the deautokey which are cheap plastic add ons.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
These appear to be actual metal replacements versus the deautokey which are cheap plastic add ons.

Yes. You have to take your steering wheel apart and replace your OEM paddles with these; it isn't very difficult but they are fully replacements, not stick-on.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I love mine. pics in my build thread.

Turn8

Ready to race!
Love mine!

The S2T's are the only 100% CNC'd aluminum paddles available for our cars. The rest are either plastic/aluminum or plastic. :confused:

I've had the S2T paddles on both my R32 and my A3.

Mike

Chris@DoubleApex

Ready to race!
The S2T's are the only 100% CNC'd aluminum paddles available for our cars.

Don't get me wrong, the S2T paddles are nice but being 100% CNC machined isn't an advantage. One reason we use a plastic wheel interface is it allows us to keep the overall profile low and maximize the clearance between the paddle and stalks. To CNC machine the same design would be prohibitively and unnecessarily expensive. Aluminum is of course stronger but since the OE part the paddle connects to is also plastic the extra strength isn't beneficial.

Turn8

Ready to race!
^^^^
I simply like the fact that I'm purchasing a fully CNC'd 100% aluminum product. Perhaps the all-aluminum design doesn't have a significant advantage over a plastic/aluminum or plastic/carbon fiber paddle but, like I said...I like an all-aluminum design.

I had the expensive TiD plastic/carbon fiber stick-on's and didn't like them. They work, but they feel cheap. There is nothing cheap about the S2T's...including the price. ;) But, the quality, fitment, and craftsmanship are awesome. For me...they have a ton of value and are worth the money...especially since I use the paddles everyday. :D

Mike