GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS tires?

Boo1

Ready to race!
New tire time, and am trying to decide between Conti Extreme Contact DWS, which I see a lot of great reviews of here, and the Potenza 970, which recently won a comparo Tirerack did.

Has anyone here put the new Potenza on their GTI?

Thanks.

Merelington

Ready to race!
New tire time, and am trying to decide between Conti Extreme Contact DWS, which I see a lot of great reviews of here, and the Potenza 970, which recently won a comparo Tirerack did.

Has anyone here put the new Potenza on their GTI?

Thanks.

I had them on my Volvo S70 before getting my Golf....they perform great but are a little noisy and stiff. When it's time I'll be going with DW or DWS.

Boo1

Ready to race!
I'm torn. From tirerack's test it sounds like the performance edge goes to the Potenza. But for overall dd usage, the DWS may be a better choice. With New England roads, especially in the winter, the lower road noise and impact noise of the DWS would probably be worth a slight dip in feedback and grip.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
I'm torn. From tirerack's test it sounds like the performance edge goes to the Potenza. But for overall dd usage, the DWS may be a better choice. With New England roads, especially in the winter, the lower road noise and impact noise of the DWS would probably be worth a slight dip in feedback and grip.

Having tested them back to back, there is a noticeable difference in handling vs ride quality between the two. I really like the responsiveness on the 970 for the test track, but the ride is much better for everyday driving on the DWS.

Boo1

Ready to race!
Having tested them back to back, there is a noticeable difference in handling vs ride quality between the two. I really like the responsiveness on the 970 for the test track, but the ride is much better for everyday driving on the DWS.

Sonny, thank you vey much for this feedback. This is very helpful!