GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
If you run the BKR8EIX (one-step colder) plugs we are reccommending 0.026" for those plugs. These will be the new recommended plug for v3.1

WTF! A month ago I was told 78ES plugs now your saying 8EIX. I just dropped the $ on the 79ES plugs. Can I get a set of 8EIX on good will from you guys?

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
WTF! A month ago I was told 78ES plugs now your saying 8EIX. I just dropped the $ on the 79ES plugs. Can I get a set of 8EIX on good will from you guys?

The 7 plugs are still an acceptable option (when gapped to 0.028") and we recently have done some testing to find the BKR8's are a better fit, more-so for those who 1/4,1/2, 1 mile drag race or road race since they will keep the heat out of the tip of the plug better and be less prone to pre-ignition during long duration situations. We also found them to work equally as well for a daily driver so they can used for normal use as well. No we will not give you plugs but we will inform you of our most recent findings :thumbsup:

H132

Ready to race!
If you take MGleason's dyno numbers of 368whp/388wtq and apply a 15% drivetrain loss, if my math is correct v3.1 is making 433HP and 456TQ!!

That's crazy good for a k04 . It doesn't get any better I don't think.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I'm quite confident Jamie squeezed every last drop of power safetly out of the K04. On a side note, that GLI was built at the same shop I go to, I'll have to drop in and see what's really in it lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hmmmm..glad I didn't just order new plugs, etc, as I've been looking to recently... anyone know where to get those from? I do not think HS Tuning has em :iono:

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm quite confident Jamie squeezed every last drop of power safetly out of the K04. On a side note, that GLI was built at the same shop I go to, I'll have to drop in and see what's really in it lol

Come to AfterFX! Bring a flashlight, a camera, x-ray goggles, I'll have Dave put it up on the lift so you can "see whats really in it" LOL.

Bring a 12 pack too, there's a long list of items to inspect!