GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR and the Aussie Dollar

tippah1

Ready to race!
So having a look at prices around the world for APR stuff im wondering why since our dollar (AUS) is pretty much the same as the US Dollar why are we paying nearly double what the US is paying for the stage 3 kit on the TSI??? I know import and tax may bring it up say 1000 - 1500 but $5000 differance this is crazy. Would anyone in the US buy me the stage 3 kit and ship it to australia?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Pricing in the Australian market is set by APR Australia. As one can imagine, parts have different prices in different parts of the world. Software, also requires on site tuning for fine adjustment to local fuel qualities and as such, our engineers fly to Australia for tuning in your local market (some are there right now!).

If I'm not mistaken, vehicle prices are even higher in your country. For example, a base model GTI in your country starts at $43,893.90. In the US it starts at $23,690.

Also, for what it's worth, the price in your country is not $5000 more. It's $3,601.

I wish all pricing was the same across the globe but unfortunately that's just something we can't control.

tippah1

Ready to race!
I was looking at the price for the full kit....sorry but still its $3600 more.
Our car prices are higher because of tax's yes. Government fucks us hard here

tippah1

Ready to race!
Whats wage got to do with anything?? Im talking about the aus dollar and the us dollar...There the same at the moment!! So aftermarket parts are allot cheaper for us to buy from the states. cut out the middle man!!

wildcars

Ready to race!
Dont' worry man.. We in SA get the same f'd up treatment!

Romp

Passed Driver's Ed
No no minimum wage in australia is ~$6 (was about $4.50 15 years ago when i started work).... I think you are confusing average wage with minimum here

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
No no minimum wage in australia is ~$6 (was about $4.50 15 years ago when i started work).... I think you are confusing average wage with minimum here

I've found a number of articles saying minimum wage was between 13-15 but anyway.

Either way a stage 3 turbo is not cheap that's why where driving gti's and not s4/rs4s and the few who have both is a different story. If you wanna play you gotta pay sometimes you gotta pay more..

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
actually it is federal as of july 24, 2009

Yeah your right I was reading the wrong one. Apparently in 2011 it will be raised again it should be around 12 IMO I can't imagine trying to own a house on a 250$ a week income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
If I'm not mistaken, vehicle prices are even higher in your country. For example, a base model GTI in your country starts at $43,893.90. In the US it starts at $23,690.

I wish all pricing was the same across the globe but unfortunately that's just something we can't control.

Wow, I'm not sure I would have/could have bought a loaded GTI if I'd stayed in Australia!! Pricey - in Canada the base price is around the $30 k mark. Also have been reading that property is overvalued by 60 percent or so down under (the Economist). Yikes! :thumbdown:
So, to sum it up - although I can't afford a house in Vancouver I CAN afford a
fabulous car!!
Oh, and good luck with getting some APR goodies shipped -!I'm contemplating some performance enhancements after reading about them here!