GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Catback or Turboback or neither...

wireless

Ready to race!
The APR TBE is way overpriced IMO anyways. It's the one TBE I've actually heard that has quite a few fitment issues.

There are plenty of better TBE's, that are more affordable as well. Unitronic's, CTS's, Ultimate Racing, etc.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
In my opinion, there are many better options for exhaust other than apr. I currently have a Ej exhaust but if I had to do it over again, I probably would have went with Milltek. Remus also makes what looks to be a very well built cat back. I would take my time to research, listen & look at as many as possible before choosing one.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
get a eBay downpipe, go to a muffler shop and have the muffler cut off. Done deal. Turbo back with OEM resonator.

no need to buy 1000 plus on named exhaust

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't get any part of the APR exhaust. I've never seen one of their catbacks that fit properly and they always hang really low. They just look like crap in my opinion. The DP is good, but way overpriced.

You can do an eBay downpipe and a magnaflow catback for less than the cost of the APR DP alone. I've beeen running this setup for close to 67000 miles with no issues. If you are worried about having a cat, you can get one welded into the ebay DP. Doing all of this (including welding in a cat) will probably cost you 800 bucks total.

Install on the catback is a piece of cake. Like, an hour in your driveway cake. The downpipe is very easy as well. 6 bolts, swap O2 sensors and done.

mtorrent

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder is APR exhaust would fit SPM DP. I didn't find anyone that run this configuration. I currently have SPM DP catless and I would like to install RSC to avoid drone. Any experiences?

mtorrent

Passed Driver's Ed
SPM catless Downpipe + magnaflow catback... :wub: cheap and sounds beautiful :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm considering SPM, Magnaflow and APR. I like APR because it doesn't have any drone, but read several threads about APR fitment issues even with his own DP.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't get any part of the APR exhaust. I've never seen one of their catbacks that fit properly and they always hang really low. They just look like crap in my opinion. The DP is good, but way overpriced.

You can do an eBay downpipe and a magnaflow catback for less than the cost of the APR DP alone. I've beeen running this setup for close to 67000 miles with no issues. If you are worried about having a cat, you can get one welded into the ebay DP. Doing all of this (including welding in a cat) will probably cost you 800 bucks total.

Install on the catback is a piece of cake. Like, an hour in your driveway cake. The downpipe is very easy as well. 6 bolts, swap O2 sensors and done.

I have an APR TBE. The fit is perfect. Dose not hang low or anything. Its so freaking quite when driving around. But when you go WOT it screams. I think its the best exhaust out there. I know there pricy but well worth it.

As far a APR CBE with a stock DP its almost as quite as the stock CBE. The reason I know this is my son is currently running this setup.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
i bought my apr TBE for 900 used, I am stock..for now.. and put the cat-back on first, I hated the sound. I added the downpipe, and it sounds excellent paired together. I am not sure what just the DP sounds like alone, but don't just get the cat-back. I would not pay 1800 and wasn't to excited about paying 900

The fitment for me is good, it all lined up the tips stick out a little to far for my liking.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Just my 2 cents. I was in a similar position about 6 months ago. I went ahead and bought the APR catback with no intention of going stage 2. I like the sound, but will be getting a downpipe and stage 2 next year likely :p (so much for not going stage 2). As far as fitment goes, there were a few issues with the right tip sticking out farther than the left. I brought it back to the shop that did the work and they were able to suck the right one in more. The right still sticks out a tiny bit, but it isn't really noticeable at all.

As far as coil packs go, I had a coil pack fail just a few months ago (stage 1). Stage 2 doesn't necessarily mean you will need new coils, but keep in mind that just because you are stage 1 doesn't mean you won't have that issue either.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
My Apr turbo back fits perfect. You do have to take care on the adjustment though or it will suck. I'm with Bino

marsh1665

Ready to race!
i went with the full APR. it fits perfectly, sounds great. pretty loud on a cold start though. lol