GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR k04 withGFB DV+ --> boost flutter?

Gino

Ready to race!
"fix it ticket with a CA emissions referee dyno smog appointment - wouldn't let me on their in-ground dyno claiming i was too low and couldn't be strapped in to their dyno - lame cuz I dynoed the car 4 times at the same ride height"

This is a legit thing? You can be required to DYNO for SMOG?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
sorry, but what is n75?

It's a valve mounted on the turbo and controls the boost

It can break (easily) when doing the turbo install

s word

Ready to race!
"fix it ticket with a CA emissions referee dyno smog appointment - wouldn't let me on their in-ground dyno claiming i was too low and couldn't be strapped in to their dyno - lame cuz I dynoed the car 4 times at the same ride height"

This is a legit thing? You can be required to DYNO for SMOG?

If you do not pass smog you can get sent to a referee who can confirm results. One major statement is that the referees do not allow lowered cars. All the more reason to pass the SMOG on initial attempt. Also I believe a non-pass requires a yearly SMOG check instead of the bi-annual check that comes after 6 years from when car was first sold.

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
Old thread I know but FWIW.....I just went through this one month ago.
They do accept lowered cars. At least the REF I went to didn't even blink about it, super chill and no stress.
Dude wasn't a REF, he is a tech that did the smog sniffing and then send the results to Sacramento. If in 3 days you do not hear from them you are all good to go get your car smogged again.

There is no requirement to smog yearly and no requirement to see the ref next smog time.

totheemoon

I assume your fluttering noise is completely gone? And were some other driveability symptoms resolved that you just didn't recognize at the time? And as it pertains to me, since I had this noise come on the day I installed the K04 4yrs ago, vps in germany and is still there despite having the stock dp running stock APR tune in the car for over a mth now (fix it ticket with a CA emissions referee dyno smog appointment - wouldn't let me on their in-ground dyno claiming i was too low and couldn't be strapped in to their dyno - lame cuz I dynoed the car 4 times at the same ride height).

Last edited: