GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR KO4 V3.1 datalogs

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
Posting the log I took today. Please post your results so we can compare and have in one tidy place. Just realized I logged ignition timing instead of angle... Oops. Happy to log any other datapoints as I'm not the most technically sophisticated.

The weather when I took the log was overcast, 26 degrees Celsius and 87% humidity:

v.b

Ready to race!
Thats a neat graph - how'd you get it to show up color coded like that?

I haven't gotten a chance to log my car with 3.1 yet, looking forward to it though.

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
Thats a neat graph - how'd you get it to show up color coded like that?

I haven't gotten a chance to log my car with 3.1 yet, looking forward to it though.

Colour code: on excel.. "home" tab.. "conditional formatting"... Just play around.

Hope to see yours and more datalogs to share yield some knowledge on this new map.

Cheers

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
Posting the log I took today. Please post your results so we can compare and have in one tidy place. Just realized I logged ignition timing instead of angle... Oops. Happy to log any other datapoints as I'm not the most technically sophisticated.

The weather when I took the log was overcast, 26 degrees Celsius and 87% humidity:

Forgot to mention this is the 100 oct map. . . .

v.b

Ready to race!
93 map/93oct, fairly cool 80F night, but very humid. 3rd gear pulls:

APR k04, APR fmic, catless downpipe, apr catback, carbonio intake

Car feels very strong. Very nice!

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!

v.b

Ready to race!
I typically run Sunoco 93. It may have also helped that I just put in fresh plugs? Stock plugs gapped to .028.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Hm... so you're running 20* of timing. How did HYDE manage 27*?!

I'm sure weather plays a big part here.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
the 20* was after he let off. You can see the n75 duty drops to nothing, and the maf readings plummeted. You get crazy high timing advance when off throttle. The boost pressure is high, but that's probably just a boost spike from cutting out of it quickly

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
oh, and actually, if you look at the chart right above that one, the last ignition angle is 34.5* when he let off there as well. It wasn't fully out of it yet (tb closing and stuff) since the maf readings hadn't totally plummeted yet, but that was when he let off

v.b

Ready to race!
Right, the last line is always bogus from those logs. I guess realistically the 93 map would hit 14-15 deg of timing. Was HYDE running 100 map and w/m for 27deg?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I think he was, but he might have also gotten tricked by the high numbers. I don't think the log was posted though, so I'm not sure