GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR or MagnaFlow?

Ax722

Hey guys I need some opinions from you well knowledge folks.
I believe its time to make the GTI sound meaner so i was either thinking of getting an APR exhaust either Catback, downpipe only or the full thing. Or just go for a catback magna flow. Ive been looking around the forum for some decently priced APR exhaust but no luck yet. Still waiting for a response from one guy. If you guys find someone please direct me to there links.

So what do you all think? APR or Magnaflow. Im worried about droning... Let me know.

THanks! :thumbsup:

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
You must hear both in person. There's really no other way. I heard a few and went magnaflow. It sounds great when you accelerate hard and is not too much louder than normal when driving very conservative.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
If you get dp only you will lose hp. You can always get the 44dd tbe which is basically magnaflow as well. I found many are very happy with that setup. I went bb dp and 42 dd cbe. And it was a mistake I had fitting issues and it was so loud I had to put in a ultra quiet resonator by vibrant which set me back additional 200 go with a matching set if you gonna do tbe. Is my advise. If you are worried about drone you can always get the ultra quiet vibrant res for 100 and have them out it in at the same time. There is a perfect spot right after the cat for it. Cbe is for sound. Tbe is for performance

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

JhnR

Banned
lol wut? loose HP bcz no CBE? LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLZ, DownPipes makes all the power

mlody91

Ready to race!
If you get dp only you will lose hp. You can always get the 44dd tbe which is basically magnaflow as well. I found many are very happy with that setup. I went bb dp and 42 dd cbe. And it was a mistake I had fitting issues and it was so loud I had to put in a ultra quiet resonator by vibrant which set me back additional 200 go with a matching set if you gonna do tbe. Is my advise. If you are worried about drone you can always get the ultra quiet vibrant res for 100 and have them out it in at the same time. There is a perfect spot right after the cat for it. Cbe is for sound. Tbe is for performance

You've contradicted yourself there bud.

On another note, OP I'm doing the same when looking for the right sound. I really loved the sound of 42 DD but with Michigan weather and the exhaust being non-stainless steel I would be at risk of the whole thing just falling off in two winters unless I did the ceramic coating option for another $600.

Yeah about that......I'm just a poor college kid who happens to have an unhealthy relationship with his car.....but that doesn't mean I'm stoopid :p

So right now I've got my mind set on APR and hopefully find a good deal on a used APR TBE. No drone, will last longer than the car itself, and an amazing sound (still hoping to hear a APR dp with Borla CB, I think that would be absolutely beast!). Good luck hunting, every good deal I find is always out of state and mostly cali :cry:

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion

The downpipe is the bottleneck. No way youre gonna lose power there. As far as exhausts go, I really like SPM and APR. My SPM DP will be here on tuesday :)

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
I'm running the APR TBE exhaust system and it's pretty quiet overall. Under normal driving and constant speeds it's quiet, but under hard acceleration it's moderately loud. When I have the AC on it really growls.

I ran magnaflow on my passat and that was loud all the time. I like how the APR is quiet on the highway but wish it was a little louder under hard acceleration.