GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Damn this tune still has problems?
I'm sure they'll find time to fix this after they design a new intake; it's not like they don't have your money already. Did I miss the people who post shit like it's a free update they didn't have to do this for you guys. You mean they didn't have to release a tune with problems? Oh,okay.

lmao true, all I want is a tune thats lives up to the APR name, and it would be amazing if i could just get some pops out the exhaust :D

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Get a catless exhaust with no other muffler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend is catless and straight piped and his car sounds like crap, I want a stratified tune kind of crackle and i dont really wanna straight pipe my car for some minor crackles every now and then.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
My friend is catless and straight piped and his car sounds like crap, I want a stratified tune kind of crackle and i dont really wanna straight pipe my car for some minor crackles every now and then.

This is EXACTLY where I'm at. To get any real pops it seems like you have to get an absurdly loud exhaust, and frankly, this engine sounds like trash with straight pipes... i know cause I essentially have them. Lol. C'mon Arin, I told you there was demand for this [emoji23]

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
This is EXACTLY where I'm at. To get any real pops it seems like you have to get an absurdly loud exhaust, and frankly, this engine sounds like trash with straight pipes... i know cause I essentially have them. Lol. C'mon Arin, I told you there was demand for this [emoji23]

My car crackles and pops all the damn time and I have a muffler.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
My car crackles and pops all the damn time and I have a muffler.

Misfire mabey? Lol I'm kidding. That's weird, and if that's true I'm jealous.

Anyways, everyone who wants pops and crackles speak up!! Mabey we'll get them if we all demand apr makes our vacume cleaners sound like rally cars

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's been over 3 months since they've even responded to this thread.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I meant send apr emails

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm just not sure they even care anymore, if they ever did.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
I'm just not sure they even care anymore, if they ever did.

sadly, what ever you've said, it's PROBABLY TRUE.....

i still have the original V1.2 of APR....and for what is worth, is OK'ish....

then they had V2.1 or whatever they called it....lots of people complained about the high idle when starting the car and couple of other minor things...

then finally they came up with V2.4 and suposedly fixed all issues....but now the're still lots of people taht complain the tune addapts a certain way after a while and is almost as bad as previous version....

so thats' why i'm in a limbo state now that wheather or not i should update to the latest Version...prolly not

are there Stratified tuners near Toronto, Canada??? kind of a bummer to have it sent to US to get tuned.

or is there a easier way to do it??

some input help will gladly be appreciated.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
To get a stratified tune you need the COBB accessport. Once you have the accessport you contact stratified and they email you a tune. You load the tune on the AP and flash it to your car.

Then you can do a datalog from the AP and email it to stratified and they can fine tune your file till it's perfect. They can also add crackly exhaust and all that stuff too, you never have to leave your house.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
To get a stratified tune you need the COBB accessport. Once you have the accessport you contact stratified and they email you a tune. You load the tune on the AP and flash it to your car.

Then you can do a datalog from the AP and email it to stratified and they can fine tune your file till it's perfect. They can also add crackly exhaust and all that stuff too, you never have to leave your house.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Well, technically you do. To run some data logs :D

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
sadly, what ever you've said, it's PROBABLY TRUE.....

i still have the original V1.2 of APR....and for what is worth, is OK'ish....

then they had V2.1 or whatever they called it....lots of people complained about the high idle when starting the car and couple of other minor things...

then finally they came up with V2.4 and suposedly fixed all issues....but now the're still lots of people taht complain the tune addapts a certain way after a while and is almost as bad as previous version....

so thats' why i'm in a limbo state now that wheather or not i should update to the latest Version...prolly not

are there Stratified tuners near Toronto, Canada??? kind of a bummer to have it sent to US to get tuned.

or is there a easier way to do it??

some input help will gladly be appreciated.

Remember that forums are usually where people go to log complaints and document issues they're having. There are probably more or equal amounts of people who are perfectly happy or happy enough.

That said .. 2.4 is much better than 2.1. 2.1 had a ton of misfires and idle issues for me. Same car and setup on 2.4 and it's more refined like my original 1.? tune but with way more power across the board now. Is it perfect? No. But very little with the aftermarket mod world is truly perfect.

peluconan

Jerky v2.4 suffering owners, try next:

Do 3-4 runs from 1500 to redline at WOT, 3rd or 4th gear (as if you were datalogging) and check again.

I'm running v2.4 version, 93 high torque file (DSG transmission with 1.6 TCU APR software) on a Seat Leon TSI (same engine as Golf GTI VI). Today I was datalogging to send logs to APR support trying to find the issue. Previous to pulls, I checked the jerky behavior as usual (fast full throttle between 3000-5000rpm and...yes, hesitation was very present there). I did five different datalog runs as APR say, and when I was reading n75, boost, load around max. torque engine zone (custom log trying to see how n75 goes crazy trying to stabilize boost)....hesitation was gone!

Now car runs as v2.4 update day! smooth and strong at partial or full loads.

Maybe if you drive eco-friendly mode during days, with sporadic WOTS, ECU gones crazy with adaptation?

Km and days will say.

I find that the car is more responsive after I drive it aggressively. Is this a learning ability from VW? Is there a way to.disable it?

Sent from my SM-G9200 using Tapatalk