GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Awesome awesome awesome. Thanks guys.
I really should schedule my appt.

Yes, do it. It didn't really set in how much it felt like something was broken before until I got V2.1

fastmk6

Ready to race!
Anyone having any issues with program switching after being flashed to 2.1? I was able to switch programs once when I picked the car up, now this happens...

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Anyone having any issues with program switching after being flashed to 2.1? I was able to switch programs once when I picked the car up, now this happens...

Nope, never seen that before and I switch quite frequently. Glad you posted, I'm curious to see what's what about that.

Kei

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

never happened to me ive been tuned for years and switch between 93 and 91 every time it rains

fastmk6

Ready to race!
never happened to me ive been tuned for years and switch between 93 and 91 every time it rains

I called APR, and their tech support had absolutely no clue and basically threw it back to my dealer to fix. Didn't ask for a picture or much information at all. It's clearly a tune/switching issue, it only happens when I turn the ignition on and cruise on to change tune. Otherwise cruise control works fine if it use it normally. The lack of support from APR is pretty frustrating.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I called APR, and their tech support had absolutely no clue and basically threw it back to my dealer to fix. Didn't ask for a picture or much information at all. It's clearly a tune/switching issue, it only happens when I turn the ignition on and cruise on to change tune. Otherwise cruise control works fine if it use it normally. The lack of support from APR is pretty frustrating.

They likely need a lot of details about the issue and your particular ECU, which is probably easier for them to do via dealing with your tuner. It could be as simple as a bad flash, and it just needs to be reflashed.

zVp

Go Kart Champion

Do you have access to VAGCOM? If so, do a quick scan and it'll tell you what's up. Might just be a bad flash - they can try to reflash the tune to see if it eliminates the problem.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

I don't have problems switching programs, but it keeps putting the car back into slot 1/stock program. Anyone else have this issue? Headed into the dealer to have it flashed again next week.

Last edited:

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Got v2.1 this morning. So far its back to the shifting well like the old pre v2.0 was which I am happy with. I haven't had a chance to drive hard enough to confirm all the quirks are gone but so far its perfect.

fastmk6

Ready to race!
Error code P0568 Implausible Signal from cruise control switch. Also getting a p1698 - check dtc of steering wheel electronics. Not sure if that one is related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
What kind of mpg are you guys getting with the 2.1 tune .. Mine seems to have dropped I averaged 26mpg easily (all city driving ).with new tune seems like I'm loosing a 2-3mpg.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
What kind of mpg are you guys getting with the 2.1 tune .. Mine seems to have dropped I averaged 26mpg easily (all city driving ).with new tune seems like I'm loosing a 2-3mpg.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

That's weird, my mileage has gone up by about 2-3. I got 33.3 highway on a 80 mile trip last weekend and I never got more than 31-ish before