GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 gti vs 2008 Pontiac G8 GT

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Raced a buddy of mine at my local car meets we raced from a 40mph roll and went to about 120mph. Once we hit 100+ his car started pulling hard and if we would have went faster he probably would have had a pretty big lead on me. Then we raced from a stoplight and my car spun soo much but once I caught I started pullin on him and beat him to about 80mph. We had to let off because of a turn. here's the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXa2QhxX4Lo&feature=channel_video_title

Sorry for the poor quality. I uploaded it from my iphone and didn't have wi-fi so I couldn't upload the HD version.

Next week i'll race my buddies goat (GTO) 5.7L while he's still "stock" lol

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
how nuch hp does your buddy's car boast?

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Wow, disappointing for the G8. I really liked those cars, welp, guess this changed it a little. GO GTI !!

xrayman34

Ready to race!
Nice, I came from a G8 GT, way more top end then the GTI, but not even close as far as the fun factor. Slap a supercharger on that 6.0 and watch out, 500whp easily, but a heavy car. I kinda miss laying down 60ft strips of rubber :)

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Get rid of the passenger and the GTI would have kept pulling on him.

Raced a buddy of mine at my local car meets we raced from a 40mph roll and went to about 120mph. Once we hit 100+ his car started pulling hard and if we would have went faster he probably would have had a pretty big lead on me. Then we raced from a stoplight and my car spun soo much but once I caught I started pullin on him and beat him to about 80mph. We had to let off because of a turn. here's the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXa2QhxX4Lo&feature=channel_video_title

Sorry for the poor quality. I uploaded it from my iphone and didn't have wi-fi so I couldn't upload the HD version.

Next week i'll race my buddies goat (GTO) 5.7L while he's still "stock" lol

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Nice, I came from a G8 GT, way more top end then the GTI, but not even close as far as the fun factor. Slap a supercharger on that 6.0 and watch out, 500whp easily, but a heavy car. I kinda miss laying down 60ft strips of rubber :)

It's probably easier in the GTI.....lol. FWD aka wrong wheel drive.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Nice, I came from a G8 GT, way more top end then the GTI, but not even close as far as the fun factor.

What u means by fun factor not as close, we understand that both car arent into the same categorie here, can u give me more detail about what u means by more fun with the gti ? I heard that the G8 was considered like a very FUN and very best american car as a mid-car, made ever.

Can we really compared fun factor here since both cars are SO different ?

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys ima go to my car meet again tonight to race my other buddies gto. We'll see how that goes and I'll have another thread with the video.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
how nuch hp does your buddy's car boast?

IDK how much hp he has to the wheels or anything specific but i'm assuming about 365+ not sure.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Get rid of the passenger and the GTI would have kept pulling on him.

When I raced him I had two passengers in my car and ofcourse my sound system with my sub and box weighing about 70+lbs lol

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
LOL some dude posted this on my video.....

LOL stock g8 owned u. That sucks.

looks like it has heavy wheels , a shitty driver and a bad gear. lol u suck faggot
GTPTaylor

at first I saw Taylor and thought it was the infamous chucktaylor lol but idk haha some trolll...

iwannagofast1

I wasn't sure how the GTI matched up against the G8 GT, so I did some research.

The G8 GT has 361hp and weighs 4,021lbs. Assuming a 15% drivetrain loss, it has 307whp.

The GTI has about 230whp and weighs 3,050 lbs.

Comparing the power to weight ratio of 13.1 for the G8 GT and 13.3 for the GTI, this is a pretty evenly matched race.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't sure how the GTI matched up against the G8 GT, so I did some research.

The G8 GT has 361hp and weighs 4,021lbs. Assuming a 15% drivetrain loss, it has 307whp.

The GTI has about 230whp and weighs 3,050 lbs.

Comparing the power to weight ratio of 13.1 for the G8 GT and 13.3 for the GTI, this is a pretty evenly matched race.

Nice research and my car also had two passengers and a subwoofer and box weighing about 70lbs where his car was just himself.