GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STGII V2.4 vs. V2.1 Review/ Comparison

Noodle1

Ready to race!
It's an option that you have to get, the tune does not come with it. I think it's 100$ extra (which I think is ridiculous).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? I thought it was free and it came with the all the previous stage 2 versions. I know launch control is like $150 but I'm pretty sure the rev limiter and launch control are 2 different things? No clue but that's what I heard before.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
The one in the video *sounds* like the launch limiter option you can get as an extra like you said.

The 4k limiter that they used to include before they revised the stage 2 file is gone, now there's just no limiter (besides the actual one at 6800) unless you get the launch limiter option. This is my understanding at least, others are welcome to chime in. I didn't buy launch limiter and do not have the 4k rev limiter at all.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Launch control and no-lift shift are each $100, I have them both.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Yes once they revised the tune, that 4k rev limiter is gone. BS because i literally went stage 2 the beginning of february. the strange thing is while i was doing launch control , my car did it twice. but i could never do it again. i asked my performance dealer and he said it was probably sporadic...smh...For DSG owners to get it you have to purchase the DSG tune. which is BS again because its about 5-600 bucks. and then DSG tune makes DSG farts milder because of the faster shift transitions.

QUESTION: How do i check which file im in . i am stage 2 but my car doesnt feel like it . i have apr stock file 91 93 and valet. and my CEL came on twice since i turned stage 2. also how do i check for a boost leak. and what are the average boost levels for a stage 2 apr gti? I was thinking about getting a full loaded p3 gauge myself..