GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Turbo back (installed)

FreddyD

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed my apr-turbo back exhaust today, that I got at waterfest. Straight forward install as far as installs go. But let me tell you that the videos do not do that exhaust justice. It sounds so mean in person! Oh and that little part about no done is so true... I was on the highway going about 80-90 mph just cruising and no drone at all! I was simply floored with excitement. (no pun) So I know everyone is going to be asking for videos and drive bys and all the other fun stuff that goes along with a turbo-back install... Ill make them sure but let they just don't do it any justice. You really just have to hear it in person. Got to go get my stage 2 flash this week at some point ;)

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Compared to the R32 exhaust note - how does the APR RSC stack up? Is this tinny or deep? Does it give the impression there is more than a 4 banger under the hood or does it get raspy like a Honda? I'm considering this exhaust as well.

Thanks

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Vids or it didnt happen.

Dont post pics only either.....that just sucks

Congrats :thumbsup:

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I need to hear a sound clip. I still can't decide what catback to go with... It's a toss up for me between APR and BlueFlame.

rhennin

Passed Driver's Ed
Dear everyone. See goapr.com for exhaust vids. It's quite long and has several scenarios so you get a good feel for the sound of the exhaust.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Dear everyone. See goapr.com for exhaust vids. It's quite long and has several scenarios so you get a good feel for the sound of the exhaust.

Actually I've heard the vid and heard 2 others and they all sound completely different from each other. APR's video was nice but the other two were very obnoxiously loud.

anotherfiz

Ready to race!
Actually I've heard the vid and heard 2 others and they all sound completely different from each other. APR's video was nice but the other two were very obnoxiously loud.

It doesnt seem thaat must louder , but i dunno, need some more vids. Maybe downpipe only is the way to go

FreddyD

Passed Driver's Ed
Ill bust out my HD camera and make a video or to... :) Curious to see if the sound will change after the stage 2 flash. The only reason I pose the question is because the sound of the car totally changed after the stage 1 flash. Ill get to the videos soon :p you are all pains!

johntesi

Ready to race!
Ill bust out my HD camera and make a video or to... :) Curious to see if the sound will change after the stage 2 flash. The only reason I pose the question is because the sound of the car totally changed after the stage 1 flash. Ill get to the videos soon :p you are all pains!

Probably not.. The reason for the dramatic change from stock to Stage 1 is the HUGE (relatively speaking) increase in boost. With that much more pressure, the sound of the turbo and other boost/air related parts definitely becomes more pronounced. Stage 1 to Stage 2 is a much smaller jump, and post-exhaust shouldn't be different at all. I've got mine on order as well, can't wait to get it installed! :w00t:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Is it as loud as a stock R32 when it's flat to the floor?

No drone is the best part, and the good exhausts are loud when you want them to be but pleasant the rest of the time, (similar to the Milltek resonated i had on the R32).

Don't want to draw too much attention on WOT.

How does it compare to blue flame for loudness?

Last edited:

FreddyD

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha ill post vids for sure. Prob this weekend. Going to get re-flashed for stage 2 on friday!

Budnick swing by! I am in CT as well :) Stamford area