GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

At last

Ironhorse

Ready to race!
After a couple months of research, and almost buying a TDI, I finally picked up my new baby. Needless to say me and the Mrs., mostly me , are ecstatic. I had to wait for the car I wanted to arrive from an incoming ship and had it diverted to my dealer who was terrific throughout. Chris Farnham of VW Langhorne could not have been better. My pick up got delayed thanks to the Nor'easter we had, but I finally met the newest addition to our family on Tuesday and revelled in the 2 1/2 hour drive home.

Love the car so far. Wish we weren't headed into winter, though my winter set is sitting in the garage ready to be mounted. I deliberately went for the base model since I didn't want a sunroof and intend to install a custom sound system, but I am impressed with the quality of the base system (perhaps since it's been so long since I bought a new car).

In general, first impressions are very positive. Love the styling, the solid body construction and of course the ride. It's a firmer ride than any other car I've owned, including my E36, but I enjoy it -- including the 2 1/2 hour ride home. Love the 6MT and still can't imagine ever getting a sports car in an automatic, though I can understand that it would be tough if living in a city. The interior looks terrific and I like the soft touch appointments. Most of the interior has a high quality feel, but the climate control knobs and sunglass compartment are notable exceptions. It has surprising pull in higher gears. I'm used to having to downshift frequently for passing and power access, but there's less need for that in this car. And I frequently am surprised at how fast I'm driving when I check the speedometer. :eek:

Bottom line is that I look forward to driving every chance I get. Very impressed so far and loving the car. May need to detail it over the coming week before winter sets in, though that will only cut into the little pre-winter driving time left :(

Near term plans include complete new sound system, tint and minor mods. Will consider springs/coils (though would only want a subtle drop in height) and new wheels in the spring, as well as an APR Stage I with their next special. :)

Want to thank the numerous members here for their advice and answering my questions. I'm sure I will have many more.

Attachments

• 345.jpg
    345.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 347.jpg
    347.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 349.jpg
    349.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 101

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new car! Its a great feeling, enjoy.