GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

///Audience's Build Log - Audio focused

kwalton

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have any close up pics of the Alpine processor controller installed? Do you work for a shop?

///Audience

Ready to race!

Finally got my ELM327 wifi OBDII reader to get my boost and other info onto the iPad. Unfortunately, I can't connect to both the ELM wifi and my 4G at the same time so it looks like I'll be installing a jailbreak tweak to let me use a Bluetooth OBD dongle. I just got a great deal on a p3 gauge so perhaps I'll just go that route.

///Audience

Ready to race!
So, 36 days ago it got pretty cold down here in Texas and our roads iced over. After living in a ski valley for 7 months I didn't think twice about heading to work in the morning. Unfortunately, Texas roads are not treated for ice like northern roads and I slid sideways into a 5' tall barrier. Here is the resulting damage.

Fast forward 36 days and a ton of replaced suspension components, and I finally got my car back!!!

Since I was already having body work done and needed some wheels, I decided to go ahead and knock out some mods.

-Painted valence
-painted stripes
-painted reflectors
-VMR V718 18"
-Michelin A/S 3s
-Unitronic Intake
-P3 gauge (not yet installed)

Considering they were painting my entire bumper, I'm pretty bummed I didn't think to have them shave my license plate holder.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Went to town sound damping my doors. Unfortunately, I removed a couple extra rivets while taking off the passenger window regulator and had to rewind the cabling. This is not as easy as it sounds and I kinked the cable so now I have to buy an entire new regulator.

After making this mistake, doing the driver side was way easier. Next is some HDPE speaker baffles for the Illusion Carbon 6s and some more acoustic treatments.

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
Lots of cool mods. Have to ask though, whatcha do in the summer time when the car is hot, won't the iPad get baked like leaving a phone In the car?

///Audience

Ready to race!
Lots of cool mods. Have to ask though, whatcha do in the summer time when the car is hot, won't the iPad get baked like leaving a phone In the car?

That would likely be the case if I left the iPad in the dash. The iPad can easily slide out out of the mount. There are magnets along the top that hook up with the magnets on the iPad that are used for the apple smart case. These keep it from falling forward.

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
That would likely be the case if I left the iPad in the dash. The iPad can easily slide out out of the mount. There are magnets along the top that hook up with the magnets on the iPad that are used for the apple smart case. These keep it from falling forward.

Nice!

///Audience

Ready to race!
Heres a shot of the new Illusion setup thats installed. C6's in the doors, CuBe tweet in the OEM locations (temporary) and C4CX on the dash (near future). The C12 is temporarily mounted in the hatch.

Heres a shot of the C6's in the doors. I made custom baffles out of high density polyethylene and decoupled them from the door via non-hardening molding clay. More hush mat on top of this and some 1/4" closed cell foam on the back of the door panel. These mids are crossed at 63Hz with a 12db/octave slope and theres not a single rattle!

TheHIGHLife

Ready to race!

So clean, love it :thumbup:

Also, the iPad dash mod is pretty boss. Well done!

///Audience

Ready to race!
Thanks guys!

Heres some more pics of the recent upgrades.

Heres the C4CX's sitting on the dash. Im playing around with various angles and locations before glassing them onto the dash.

///Audience

Ready to race!
New Stinger power cell

///Audience

Ready to race!
Drove my car to a music festival and it came back so dirty you wouldnt guess it was originally white. So a simple wash was in order.

Next plans on the list,

-Install my WALK and GFB DV+
-Backup camera displayed in the rear view mirror
-Add a 2nd amplifier and 2nd subwoofer
-Fiberglass enclosures and custom amp rack