GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

autotech gearbox mount measurments

tippah1

Ready to race!
Hi guys does anyone here have one of these mounts??
If so would anyone mind measuring the mount for me as i would like to make one myself. As being here in australia we dont have access to these mounts here without importing them and i think it would outweigh the cost of buying it in postage alone.

Im after the height, width, thickness of the inserted plate, and the hole diameter, also the distance of the square edge to the first edge of the mounting hole. In mm please. Or at the minimum the hole diameter as i would be able to figure out all the other sizes off that one measurment.

If anyone could give me this info it would be great as il do a write up on how to make one for all interested.

Im a helicopter mechanic and making this should be very simple, I cant see it costing me anything only time for me as the insert looks to be a cut off of a right angle alloy section with some rounded edges and a mounting hole.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
you'll get a reply soon I'm sure. I'm trying to order mine through Futrell in two days so i'll let you know when I get mine. Would've ordered it already but my account on theirs site is locking for some reason lol. Called them Monday and ordering

mikochu

boogerface
Wow, just spend the 20 bucks and get the motor mount insert. It's not much of a DIY if you're just shoving a piece of metal into a bushing to make it stiffer.

tippah1

Ready to race!
Wow just spend half an hour save $20 and make it!! Like i said before im in australia and postage of this would cost more than the item.

-Dozer-

Ready to race!
Postage in a small padded envelope shipped USPS first class to Australia won't be more than about 4 bucks. I ship to Australia all the time for customers that get my stuff and cost is $2.24 out the door for one of my envelopes.

Maybe you just need to talk somebody here into shipping you one. Otherwise CNC it yourself if you got the tools ;)